Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

I-73 updates?

<< < (2/52) > >>

SP Cook:
I-73 and 74 are not controvercial in the "real world" sense of environmental extremism and all of that.  They are controvercial in the sense that the routing is a mish-mash of existing US highways that will never be built as interstates north of North Carolina, and in North Carolina, they are a part of the confused and confusing mess of mis-signed roads around the Piedmont Triad.  The whole idea is AASHTO malpractice.

froggie:
The whole idea is Congressionally driven.  Plus, since they're Interstaes, route numbering must be signed off by FHWA...AASHTO doesn't have final approval authority.

agentsteel53:
further evidence that congress has no business assigning route numbers. 

Henry:

--- Quote from: agentsteel53 on April 28, 2011, 10:46:22 AM ---further evidence that congress has no business assigning route numbers. 

--- End quote ---
And also that NC is possibly more screwed-up than Bud Shuster!  :ded:

The Premier:

--- Quote from: SP Cook on April 28, 2011, 06:47:28 AM ---I-73 and 74 are not controvercial in the "real world" sense of environmental extremism and all of that.  They are controvercial in the sense that the routing is a mish-mash of existing US highways that will never be built as interstates north of North Carolina, and in North Carolina, they are a part of the confused and confusing mess of mis-signed roads around the Piedmont Triad.  The whole idea is AASHTO malpractice.

--- End quote ---

Agreed.

The real question isn't necessarily why it was established, but how they are going to route it, especially with I-73 in Ohio.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version