Regional Boards > Ohio Valley

SW Pennsylvania

<< < (2/46) > >>

surferdude:

--- Quote from: rickmastfan67 on December 22, 2011, 09:08:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: surferdude on December 22, 2011, 04:05:41 PM ---When they built I-79 through that area, they never thought that the area would grow.  Boy they where wrong and it has cost them a lot of money to upgrade the ramps from partial ramps to a full interchange.  But they have upgraded what they can. 

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I hear ya.  Too bad they can't make the PA-68 interchange a full one. :(

You know, PennDOT should post a US-19 Truck route there now. ;)  Since Exit #88 is now a full interchange, a truck bypass of Zelienople can now be signed. ;)

--- End quote ---

I think if they where to sign it as US  19 Truck people would get confused with McKnight Road in Allegheny County. 

It would be very costly complete the ramps at PA Route 68, for the North Bound on ramp and South Bound off ramp which would have to span the Connequenessing Creek. 

rickmastfan67:

--- Quote from: surferdude on December 27, 2011, 11:45:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: surferdude on December 22, 2011, 04:05:41 PM ---When they built I-79 through that area, they never thought that the area would grow.  Boy they where wrong and it has cost them a lot of money to upgrade the ramps from partial ramps to a full interchange.  But they have upgraded what they can. 

--- End quote ---

You know, PennDOT should post a US-19 Truck route there now. ;)  Since Exit #88 is now a full interchange, a truck bypass of Zelienople can now be signed. ;)

--- End quote ---

I think if they where to sign it as US  19 Truck people would get confused with McKnight Road in Allegheny County.

--- End quote ---

I personally don't think people would get confused, but that's just me.  Maybe sign it as "Alt US-19" instead?  And then put up signs for through trucks to follow Alt US-19.  But also put up signs allowing trucks going SB on US-19 saying trucks are allowed to use US-19 to get to PA-68 EB (since no access going SB on I-79) and a sign going NB on US-19 allowing trucks to get to PA-68 WB.  Otherwise, ban trucks from downtown there (unless they need to get to PA-288).

surferdude:

--- Quote from: rickmastfan67 on December 27, 2011, 07:59:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: surferdude on December 27, 2011, 11:45:09 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I personally don't think people would get confused, but that's just me.  Maybe sign it as "Alt US-19" instead?  And then put up signs for through trucks to follow Alt US-19.  But also put up signs allowing trucks going SB on US-19 saying trucks are allowed to use US-19 to get to PA-68 EB (since no access going SB on I-79) and a sign going NB on US-19 allowing trucks to get to PA-68 WB.  Otherwise, ban trucks from downtown there (unless they need to get to PA-288).

--- End quote ---

BYPASS also works as well.  But I know that require additonal signage, on the PennDOT's part and it has never been signed in that area any different, and I lived around that area for the majority of my life.  I know going down I-79 Southbound from Erie to Zelienople that the there is a US 19 Shield on the guide sign. 

I have also been on PA 288, which goes northwest to Ellwood City, there are plenty of trucks that take that Route, because the stop bar has been set far back so that a large Tractor Trailer can turn from US 19 South to PA 288.  I don't see them posting that, although the municipality can make a request to post the road for a Ton Limit. 

ARMOURERERIC:
Rater than needing to upgrade the sothern Zelienople exit to accomodate a bypass US 19 they could utilize the northern half of the Evans City exit, which is far more accomodating for that use.

rickmastfan67:

--- Quote from: ARMOURERERIC on December 29, 2011, 06:30:34 PM ---Rater than needing to upgrade the sothern Zelienople exit to accomodate a bypass US 19 they could utilize the northern half of the Evans City exit, which is far more accomodating for that use.

--- End quote ---

That's what I was suggesting, but not in so many words. :sombrero:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version