News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

A belated hello to start the new year

Started by Roadmaestro95, January 02, 2012, 09:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadmaestro95

Although I have been on the forum for about a half a year...I have never really "introduced" myself so I guess I'd take the opportunity to do so!
My name is Mike and I am a sixteen year old kid from the eastern half of Suffolk County out here on Long Island, NY. I am a complete roadgeek who is very into the future of roads along with the old that still remain. I love to go out on the road on road trips and take photos of the old, the somewhat old (what is found around here a lot on the island), and the new. I also have a very tiny collection of signs that I hope to build up as I grow older along with the pictures I take along the many roads there are out there. I hope that I can connect with the many road fans that are on here and befriend some of you and I hope that everyone enjoyed the holidays and is looking forward for this new year!    :biggrin:
Hope everyone is safe!

Takumi

A late welcome to you. (It's odd saying that since I've been here only 3 months.)
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Ian

And a late welcome from another 16 year old! Do you mind sharing with us what's in your collection (may be include photos)? I'd love to see it  :nod:
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Roadmaestro95

Well I have a mix of signs from Pennsylvania, NJ, NYC, LI and I'm trying to expand more on the roads I travel (sort of) so I might post some up some time in the near future so you will definitely get a chance to see them :)
Hope everyone is safe!

Dougtone

I grew up in Suffolk County, in Nesconset.  I've since moved Upstate, and currently live in the Albany area.

Alps

Definitely post those signs! I want to get back to LI to see some more of the county routes out there - of course, tolls what they are, that'll be a long time coming (I'm in NJ). I'd do Tappan Zee, 87, 3rd Ave., FDR, Queensboro or Williamsburg... messy!

Roadmaestro95

I have "met" you before Steve...I have sent you my photos before to your site. And almost all of the CR signs and the button copy have been replaced out here (except on NY-24)...some vintage CR-80 signs from the Hamptons now disappeared...
Hope everyone is safe!

Alps

There are still a ton of COUNTY ROAD shields out there. Honestly, you should put up your collection rather than submitting it. I currently have at least two years of submittals on backlog...

Roadmaestro95

True but Suffolk County routes are becoming like "regular" route sheilds and MANY of the Albany type shields and old county shields are gone now...
Then there's the new variation of the NYSDOT signs of Suffolk County signs on BGS's... :ded:
Hope everyone is safe!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.