News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Mexico Road Construction Notes

Started by US 41, January 05, 2016, 10:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on November 26, 2020, 03:57:35 PM
I don't know if it's the right thread to mention it but I saw this video posted in 2014 about the Autopista Atizapán-Atlacomulco who'll provide a faster link between Mexico City metro and Atlacomulco. Had the construction of this freeway had begun?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN9plrRTwrM

There's a map showing the approximate proposed routing of this freeway/autopista.
https://satellites.pro/plan/Mexico_map#O19.592664,-99.376144,14

No, this project has been delayed because it "suffered changes in project layout, social conflicts, and investment scheme".  A new contract was signed last Autumn, and the highway is supposedly expected to be finished by August of next year.  Don't hold your breath.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kphoger

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on November 26, 2020, 03:57:35 PM
I don't know if it's the right thread to mention it but I saw this video posted in 2014 about the Autopista Atizapán-Atlacomulco who'll provide a faster link between Mexico City metro and Atlacomulco. Had the construction of this freeway had begun?

Quote from: kphoger on January 18, 2021, 08:05:46 PM
No, this project has been delayed because it "suffered changes in project layout, social conflicts, and investment scheme".  A new contract was signed last Autumn, and the highway is supposedly expected to be finished by August of next year.  Don't hold your breath.

Hope you weren't holding your breath.   :rolleyes:

Quote from: Aleatica, S.A. de C.V. – 26-OCT-2022
(translation mine)

Certain factors, including the recent and anticipated rise in inflation rates in Mexico, have increased the capital requirements needed to complete construction of the remaining phases of the Autopista Atizapán-Atlacomulco. Based on recently revised cost estimates and proposals from third-party contractors, the Company anticipates that approximately 8500 million pesos of future capital funding will be required to complete the project.  Capital funding requirements may be subject to change prior to completion of the highway.

The Company regularly evaluates the capital requirements of its asset portfolio and analyzes funding alternatives as part of its ordinary operation. This analysis considers potential refinancing operations related to AT-AT and Grupo Autopistas Nacionales, S.A. ("WIN" ), as well as the interest that certain third parties have expressed in acquiring a minority stake in Aleatica assets, such as AT-AT, GANA, Viaducto Bicentenario, S.A. de C.V., and Autopista Urbana Norte, S.A. de C.V.

To date, no agreement has been reached in relation to refinancing operations or sale of minority interests in assets, and fulfilment of any potential operation is uncertain and would be subject to holding the pertinent documentation and obtaining the applicable corporate and government authorizations.

The investing public shallll be informed in a timely manner of any relevant transaction, of accordance with the applicable regulation.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.