News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Highways that exit themselves

Started by Hwy 61 Revisited, June 26, 2020, 06:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idk

MCRoads

Some examples in OKC:
I-35 NB at the Dallas Interchange
I-35 NB just west of the Dallas interchange
I-44 NB at the OK-3/OK-66 interchange
I-44 NB at the I-35/Kilpatric Turnpike interchange
I-44 SB at the I-44/240 interchange
I-44 SB at the I-35/I-44 interchange

Any I missed?
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

someone17

I-275 in Ohio exits itself onto I-74 west in a trumpet interchange. You take the exit on the right to go onto the I-275 north-I-74 and US 52 east concurrency.

mhking

I-85 exits itself on both sides of downtown Atlanta (the Downtown Connector) going northbound AND southbound...

JustDrive

Surprised nobody has mentioned the 101 in both directions at the 134 and 170 interchange (aka the Hollywood Split). Or EB 580 at EB 205

I-55

US-35 exits from OH-735 to cross the Silver Memorial Bridge in Gallipolis, OH. OH-735 was originally US-35 until the Silver Bridge collapse at which point the new bridge was built to enter WV on the south side of the Kanawha, thus requiring a new approach from the Ohio side.
Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

BrianP

Quote from: I-55 on October 22, 2020, 11:03:02 PM
US-35 exits from OH-735 to cross the Silver Memorial Bridge in Gallipolis, OH. OH-735 was originally US-35 until the Silver Bridge collapse at which point the new bridge was built to enter WV on the south side of the Kanawha, thus requiring a new approach from the Ohio side.
I don't think I would count this.  If you go by the left lane rule stated earlier it wouldn't count.  If you are in the left lane on US 35 eastbound you do not have to make any lane changes to continue in the left lane of US 35.   OH 735 is just a left exit off of the highway.

TheGrassGuy

If you ever feel useless, remember that CR 504 exists.

Bruce

(Reviving)

BC has a fun double example: Highway 1 leaves the mainline at Hope, Highway 3 takes over and leaves 6 km later so that Highway 5 can take over.

therocket

US-101 at I-80/Central Freeway in San Francisco

Scott5114

Quote from: MCRoads on October 17, 2020, 09:10:17 PM
Some examples in OKC:
I-35 NB at the Dallas Interchange
I-35 NB just west of the Dallas interchange
I-44 NB at the OK-3/OK-66 interchange
I-44 NB at the I-35/Kilpatric Turnpike interchange
I-44 SB at the I-44/240 interchange
I-44 SB at the I-35/I-44 interchange

Any I missed?

I-44 EB at I-35/Kilpatrick Turnpike as well. (It is signed E-W, no matter what the doofus traffic reporters in OKC say. Also, the eastern I-35/I-40 interchange is the Fort Smith Junction.) 
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

tmthyvs

Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on October 08, 2020, 05:16:11 PM
what about the i-80/76 split near big springs, NE.. this seems like it sort of qualfies..

https://goo.gl/maps/D2EpmWKqcyC99UHV9

They reconstructed this interchange so that I-76 exits to the right. I didn't know it had changed when I went through a couple weeks ago and ended up doing some quick lane changes to get onto I-76.

Rothman

Quote from: tmthyvs on December 09, 2022, 04:51:36 PM
what about the i-80/76 split near big springs, NE.. this seems like it sort of qualfies..

They reconstructed this interchange so that I-76 exits to the right. I didn't know it had changed when I went through a couple weeks ago and ended up doing some quick lane changes to get onto I-76.
Heh.  Signs are there for a reason.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

ethanhopkin14

Quote from: Rothman on December 09, 2022, 05:20:18 PM
Quote from: tmthyvs on December 09, 2022, 04:51:36 PM

Heh.  Signs are there for a reason.

All that work and they didn't correct the egregious Interstate 76 SOUTH!?

wanderer2575

I-96 at its interchange with I-275 and M-14.  At the eastbound 96 split from southbound 275, the signs for 96 have LEFT exit tabs and EXIT ONLY banners, even though technically it's the thru route.

roadman65

I-95 in Mansfield, NJ. :bigass:

I had an idea to make Exit 6 like the East- West Spurs split in Newark so that both I-95 and the Turnpike had equal split, but Jeff knocked me down implying the 6-9 widening addressed Exit 6 perfectly.

Anyway it exits itself.

US 30 in Bedford, PA. :sombrero:
US 30 in Lancaster at PA 462.
US 30 East at the Coatesville- Downingtown Bypass.
PA 309 where it leaves Bethlehem Pike for Fort Washington Expressway near Landsdale.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

LilianaUwU

A-10 exits itself once in Montréal, and it also did so in Sherbrooke before some engineer decided to change the easternmost segment to A-610.

A-15 does this three times: in Longueuil to join Pont Champlain, then twice at A-40 in Montréal.

A-20 also does it three times: at Échangeur Turcot, then at the same spot as A-15's self-exit, then at A-25.

A-40 does it five times: twice in Trois-Rivières and thrice in Québec City.

A-55 does this three times: near Magog as it joins A-10, in Drummondville as it joins A-20, and in Saint-Léonard-d'Aston as it leaves A-20.

A-73 exits itself two times, both in Québec City.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

ilpt4u

I feel like I-290/IL exits itself at the I-355 interchange in Itasca.

It is a standard Freeway Y interchange, but the "Thru"  movement is 290 East -> 355 South and 355 North -> 290 West. 290 Exits/Enters the "mainline"  to/from the right utilizing 2 lanes, while the Thru 290 <-> Thru 355 movements utilize the 3 left lanes

amroad17

A former one in Kentucky:  SB Purchase Parkway exiting itself in Mayfield.  Bypass US 45 was the thru route as the Purchase Parkway exited, heading southwest toward Fulton. https://goo.gl/maps/Z3V42VQsHbuUfUpJA   Had to post a grainy view from a side road as GSV does not go back to the early 2010's as they have updated with the new interchange.

The interchange has been totally re-done to have I-69 as the through route now.
Same view as above ten years later: https://goo.gl/maps/bXFMthhTxNFBBarh8
Overhead of interchange now: https://goo.gl/maps/xj7jRyjKsQojeyrNA

I see that the KY 80 bypass of Mayfield is complete and is now tied into the new interchange.
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

Bickendan

Double example in a single trumpet interchange just northwest of Kolkata.
Terminal point for AH 45, NH 16, and NH 19.
AH 1 comes in from the northwest along NH 19 and exits the expressway mainline to head east to cross the Hooghly branch of the Ganges; NH 12 comes north along AH 45 and NH 16 and exits the mainline to join AH 1 to cross the river.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.