News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

When will this heat STOP?!

Started by snowc, September 15, 2021, 04:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgb191

Quote from: elsmere241 on September 01, 2022, 02:28:59 PM
Quote from: CapeCodder on August 09, 2022, 10:13:45 AM
This heat reminds me of the Summer of '95. I spent that summer in St. Louis with my grandparents (moms side.) The days were brutal, nights more so; the thunderstorm outbreaks that whole summer in St. Louis were legendary. That summer culminated with the road trip back to the east coast that introduced me to the weirdness that is Breezewood.

Yes, I've been reminded of 1995 as well.  Though apparently for Philadelphia, August this year was the hottest August on record.

A fact lost on most people is that -- in addition to that infamous heat wave in the Heartland -- there was a second far more powerful heat wave a couple of weeks later in the Desert Southwest, where Phoenix recorded 121 degrees, their second hottest day in the city's history.  I was visiting Phoenix that day in late July 1995, so you could say I experienced 120's in consecutive years (along with 122 degrees in New Mexico in June 1994). 

I guess that the first heat wave (albeit not as strong) was more famous and made worldwide headlines due to several hundred fatalities in the Chicagoland area alone.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Max Rockatansky

Forecasted to hit 115F today in Fresno which would match the all time high.  The previous instance of the all time high was during a July.  As I write this message it is 80F outside which I don't look forward to running in.

Ted$8roadFan

The heat is already a distant memory in New England. Now we have lots of rain to worry about.

kkt

Seattle got a break from the high temperatures today, and more important we're supposed to get a break from the Forest Fire smoke from Mordor this weekend and get some RAIN!  Yay!

kirbykart

At least the heat stopped a while ago (last day of it was Oct. 24)! It's actually been pleasantly warm, but not hot, these past two weeks.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.