News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Favorite billboard ads?

Started by hotdogPi, January 03, 2023, 10:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotdogPi

My two favorites:

1. "One size does not fit all", but with the letters intentionally slightly too big so that it didn't fit. Not electronic. Seen in Boston. No idea what was being advertised.

2. 772-222-2222, femaleinjurylawyer.com. Not electronic. Seen on Florida's Turnpike in the 772 area code just a few days ago. I don't know why I like this one, but the website URL...
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Max Rockatansky

roadman65

South of the Border along I-95 used to be. I don't use I-95 much these days so it's irrelevant now, but they're my all time favorites.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

KCRoadFan

Not my favorite, per se, but one billboard campaign I remember from a couple decades ago, in the early aughts, was one that read "MICROSURGICAL VASECTOMY REVERSAL. 1-713-REVERSE (HOUSTON) - MONEY BACK GUARANTEE."

These must have been up for hundreds of miles around, as I recall seeing them on I-70 in Missouri between Columbia and KC. Do any of you remember those billboards?

triplemultiplex

Approaching The Dells from any direction, billboards for the "Ghost Bort Tour".
I know it's supposed to be "Ghost Boat Tour" but their choice of font makes the A look like an R.

I smile every time because it makes me think of this:
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

mgk920

There was one along EB I-90 in the downtown Cleveland, OH area in the very late 1990s that I thought was so funny that I nearly drove off of the freeway, and I am still remiss in not getting a photo of it, showing a portrait image of Bill Clinton with the similar images of several women around him and a snarky political comment

Mike

gonealookin

I remember some that said "The Last Mile Is The Toughest" or similar, with a driver with facial expression conveying considerable discomfort.  Those were for Pepto Bismol or Imodium or one of those.

CtrlAltDel

I've never been a huge drinker, but I always liked this one:

ingle   ells
  ingle   ells

The holidays just aren't the same without J&B.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

Henry

I've always loved the holiday billboards around Chicagoland proclaiming WLIT/93.9 Lite FM as "The Christmas Music Station."
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

bobonabike

ibthebigd

I love Buc-ee's Billboards.

They sell miniature versions in their stores.

SM-G996U

skluth

Darth's more evil, accident-chasing, lawyer brother

Life in Paradise

Quote from: skluth on January 04, 2023, 12:26:49 PM

Made me think about the Chad Vader parody videos on YouTube.

roadman65

We've got billboards similar in Florida, but of another very egotistical self centered attorney.
^^^^^^
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

ethanhopkin14

Quote from: ibthebigd on January 04, 2023, 05:07:54 AM
I love Buc-ee's Billboards.

They sell miniature versions in their stores.

SM-G996U

There are so many variations.  Greatest Hits:

Ain't no potty like a Buc-ee's potty
Potty like a rockstar

There are so many others.  My brain can't conjure them all right now unfortunately. 

gonealookin

I'm glad Chris spent the money to put that one in a high-visibility location on what appears to be a major thoroughfare in the area.

skluth

Quote from: gonealookin on January 04, 2023, 02:51:01 PM

Picture deleted

I'm glad Chris spent the money to put that one in a high-visibility location on what appears to be a major thoroughfare in the area.

That's what the desert looks like just off the main highway. This was on North Gene Autry Trail going into Palm Springs, one of the main entrances into the city from I-10.

Quote from: roadman65 on January 04, 2023, 12:48:24 PM
We've got billboards similar in Florida, but of another very egotistical self centered attorney.
^^^^^^

But does he share a last name with Darth Vader?

MarkF

Quote from: KCRoadFan on January 03, 2023, 11:27:08 AM
Not my favorite, per se, but one billboard campaign I remember from a couple decades ago, in the early aughts, was one that read "MICROSURGICAL VASECTOMY REVERSAL. 1-713-REVERSE (HOUSTON) - MONEY BACK GUARANTEE."

These must have been up for hundreds of miles around, as I recall seeing them on I-70 in Missouri between Columbia and KC. Do any of you remember those billboards?

There used to be one of these on I-15 headed south out of Las Vegas.

pderocco

Quote from: 1 on January 03, 2023, 10:14:50 AM
My two favorites:

1. "One size does not fit all", but with the letters intentionally slightly too big so that it didn't fit. Not electronic. Seen in Boston. No idea what was being advertised.

2. 772-222-2222, femaleinjurylawyer.com. Not electronic. Seen on Florida's Turnpike in the 772 area code just a few days ago. I don't know why I like this one, but the website URL...

Years ago, I saw a billboard in Lancaster or Palmdale, CA for a lawyer who managed to get the number 888-888-8888. It didn't stay up for long. I wonder who has it now. That was probably a multi-million dollar transaction.

pderocco

There are no particular billboards I like among them, but I enjoy reading the many Wall Drug ads on I-90 in South Dakota.

And even though Burma Shave has been gone for half a century, they still have Burma Shave signs on the old US-66 in western Arizona.

wanderer2575

Quote from: pderocco on January 08, 2023, 03:44:17 AM
And even though Burma Shave has been gone for half a century, they still have Burma Shave signs on the old US-66 in western Arizona.

epzik8

Cracker Barrel, "Is buttermilk batter better? You bet."
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

FrCorySticha

There used to be one near Bismarck, ND, that was supposed to be advertising for the state, I think:

Welcome to North Dakota!
Mountain removal project complete

mgk920

I do like the ones from Chik Fil A with the cow saying 'Eat more chikin'

Mike

jOnstar1979

Here is a funny one I pass by quite a bit on I-94 and Michigan Ave in Detroit.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.