News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Louisiana

Started by Alex, January 20, 2009, 12:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamsalfl

New LA 1088 interchange with I-12 opens on the afternoon of April 13.  There is Clearview involved, but not sure if it includes the BGS on I-12.

UptownRoadGeek

They recently replaced big green signage at the I-10/US 90 B/Superdome interchange with no clearview what so ever. The new signs are a darker green though and look much better than the ones they replaced.

UptownRoadGeek

RPC planning studies include plans to improve Clearview from the interstate to the Huey P. Proposals include a CFI or a grade seperated interchange between Clearview and Airline.

http://www.norpc.org/feasibility_studies.html

brownpelican

The Regional Planning Commission is conducting a survey of Saint John the Baptist Parish motorists to help figure out where a proposed Reserve-area interchange on I-10 should be built.

http://www.nola.com/traffic/index.ssf/2011/04/roadside_survey_asks_st_john_m.html

UptownRoadGeek

agentsteel53

doesn't look like they put a state-named shield.  dang.  am especially looking forward to state-named 12, since none of those have been around since the 90s.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

mightyace

Quote from: UptownRoadGeek on April 12, 2011, 01:40:44 AM
RPC planning studies include plans to improve Clearview from the interstate to the Huey P. Proposals include a CFI or a grade seperated interchange between Clearview and Airline.

http://www.norpc.org/feasibility_studies.html

Are there any Clearview font signs on Cleaview Parkway?  :sombrero:
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

UptownRoadGeek

Quote from: mightyace on April 16, 2011, 02:42:52 AM
Are there any Clearview font signs on Cleaview Parkway?  :sombrero:

I don't think that there's even any clearview in the New Orleans area. None of the signs they've put up in the last two months use it either.

Alps

Quote from: agentsteel53 on April 13, 2011, 09:50:19 PM
doesn't look like they put a state-named shield.  dang.  am especially looking forward to state-named 12, since none of those have been around since the 90s.
I only saw one state-name shield in the Shreveport area (I-20 on a side road near I-49, quite by accident). I would doubt that they're going to start doing it again even if you ask nicely.

lamsalfl

the 1088 interchange is all-Clearview, and it's Exit 68.

UptownRoadGeek

Quote from: lamsalfl on April 17, 2011, 02:01:43 AM

Interesting. I wonder why none of the signs going up in Orleans and Jefferson lately haven't been clearview. Actually, I don't want to know because I'm dreading the day clearview goes up in the New Orleans area. As long as it's way out in Greater New Orleans it's fine because I don't have to see it. :)

froggie

Quotethe 1088 interchange is all-Clearview, and it's Exit 68.

What are the control cities?

lamsalfl

Quote from: froggie on April 17, 2011, 04:34:25 PM
Quotethe 1088 interchange is all-Clearview, and it's Exit 68.

What are the control cities?

Hammond
Slidell

codyg1985

Quote from: UptownRoadGeek on April 17, 2011, 12:07:17 PM
Quote from: lamsalfl on April 17, 2011, 02:01:43 AM

Interesting. I wonder why none of the signs going up in Orleans and Jefferson lately haven't been clearview

Possibly because Orleans and Jefferson Parishes are in a different LaDOTD division than St. Tammany Parish?
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

UptownRoadGeek

Quote from: codyg1985 on April 18, 2011, 09:44:20 AM
Possibly because Orleans and Jefferson Parishes are in a different LaDOTD division than St. Tammany Parish?

Didn't think of that. For some reason I was thinking that the Northshore was in District 02 also.

UptownRoadGeek

I-10 through New Orleans east from the Highrise out to the 510 is being covered with a layer of asphalt. Once this is done I-610 will be the only remaining ground level interstate in the New Orleans area to have a significant stretch of concrete.  The next phase of the I-10 widening through East Jeff should be starting soon as well.

lamsalfl

They're doing a horrible job with the asphalt.  If that is the top layer, then I am significantly disappointed.  Why is the center stripe area all discolored?  You can even see the lines that were created when they poured one lane at a time of asphalt.  I'm praying that's not the final coat. 

brownpelican

Quote from: UptownRoadGeek on April 20, 2011, 12:03:36 PM
I-10 through New Orleans east from the Highrise out to the 510 is being covered with a layer of asphalt. Once this is done I-610 will be the only remaining ground level interstate in the New Orleans area to have a significant stretch of concrete.  The next phase of the I-10 widening through East Jeff should be starting soon as well.

They need to do something to 610 quick!!!

brownpelican

Quote from: lamsalfl on April 21, 2011, 09:25:05 PM
They're doing a horrible job with the asphalt.  If that is the top layer, then I am significantly disappointed.  Why is the center stripe area all discolored?  You can even see the lines that were created when they poured one lane at a time of asphalt.  I'm praying that's not the final coat. 

Trust me, it isn't.

brownpelican

A Ruston lawmaker wants to pay for $3 billion in backlogged highway work by proposing a bill this legislative session that would increase license tag fees by $20 and tripling commercial truck license fees. The money would go toward a fund called TIGER (Transportation and Infrastructure Growth of Economy through Roads).

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2011/04/higher_fees_for_license_tags_p.html

cjk374

Guess who just lost my vote.  :ded: If it passes the legislature, I will help vote it down in October.   :thumbdown:
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

froggie

So how do you plan to pay for road improvements then, cjk?  It's obvious to just about everybody around that the current system of funding is broke.

UptownRoadGeek

Quote from: cjk374 on April 25, 2011, 12:50:38 AM
Guess who just lost my vote.  :ded: If it passes the legislature, I will help vote it down in October.   :thumbdown:

Paying $40 for a license plate every 2 years would be nothing compared to our neighboring states. I know people in Mississippi who have payed up to $600 yearly even though it gradually depreciates.

froggie

That, however, is the personal property tax in Mississippi, which is applicable to vehicles.  License tab fees ran me only about $25 when I was stationed there.

agentsteel53

Quote from: froggie on April 25, 2011, 05:51:21 PM
That, however, is the personal property tax in Mississippi, which is applicable to vehicles.  License tab fees ran me only about $25 when I was stationed there.

does it really matter?  it's a mandatory annual fee for the maintenance of the good standing of your vehicle registration, no matter how you slice and dice it.

it's like a speeding ticket coming with $268 "bail" (nope, can't even call it a fine, that would be too easily comprehensible), then a "court fee" of $60, a "motorcycle helmet safety surcharge" of $5, and an "administrative fee" of $19.  

just call it a $352 fine like it actually is.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.