News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

BASE-BALL

Started by corco, October 28, 2011, 12:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on October 05, 2022, 08:40:23 AM
First round picks:

Rays in 3
Jays in 3
Mets in 2
Cards in 3
I would have Cards in 2. I can also see Jays-M's going either way.

mgk920

At least for us here in Wisconsin, pitchers and catchers report in about four months or so...

:sleep:

Mike

KCRoadFan

Quote from: mgk920 on October 05, 2022, 09:37:33 PM
At least for us here in Wisconsin, pitchers and catchers report in about four months or so...

Mike

Hey, at least you have the Packers until then. And the Bucks.

Takumi

Rays in 3
M's in 3
Cards in 2
Mets in 3
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Duke87

Quote from: Alps on September 21, 2022, 11:33:26 PM
Quote from: Flint1979 on September 21, 2022, 11:11:43 PM
Quote from: Alps on September 21, 2022, 10:27:30 PM
Quote from: Henry on September 21, 2022, 10:09:26 AM
It also means that the top three single-season home run leaders in the AL have all worn pinstripes (Judge, Ruth, and Maris). I hope Judge's hair isn't falling out in his quest for 62.
His quotes are comfortable. Mantle had 59 also you know... so the top 4
In what year did Mantle hit 59? His highest single season total is 54 in 1961. Ruth hit 59 in 1921 for third place.
For some reason I thought he had a year like that. Oh well.

Giancarlo Stanton hit 59 home runs in 2017, but he was playing for the Marlins at the time so that doesn't count as a Yankee doing it.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Takumi

I honestly thought Stanton had been with the Yankees for longer than that.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Flint1979

Quote from: Takumi on October 06, 2022, 01:11:27 AM
I honestly thought Stanton had been with the Yankees for longer than that.
His first year with the Yankees was 2018. He's been there five years now.

Henry

While neither the Cubs nor the White Sox will be in the postseason, the Mariners and Dodgers will. I really want to see the Dodgers win the World Series so that they can dedicate it to the memory of Vin Scully because after 111 wins, anything less would be a total letdown.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

mgk920

Quote from: KCRoadFan on October 05, 2022, 11:23:48 PM
Quote from: mgk920 on October 05, 2022, 09:37:33 PM

Mike

Hey, at least you have the Packers until then. And the Bucks.

Yea.  And more than a few pundits are expecting the Bucks to win it all again this season.

:clap:

Mike

Alps

Quote from: Henry on October 06, 2022, 10:08:21 AM
because after 111 wins, anything less would be a total letdown.
oh hi 2001 Mariners

Bruce

Mariners down 8-1 in the 5th and manage to win 10-9.

There will be postseason baseball played in Seattle this year. What a miracle.

Buck87

Yesterday saw the first ever postseason game to enter the 15th inning scoreless.

Then the Guardians punched their ticket to the ALDS in dramatic fashion. 

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: Bruce on October 08, 2022, 09:51:51 PM
Mariners down 8-1 in the 5th and manage to win 10-9.

There will be postseason baseball played in Seattle this year. What a miracle.

Could we see a "Miracle in Seattle" just like a "Miracle on Ice"? ;)

Alps

mets laid a major egg

Henry

My wife is from San Diego, so we're celebrating the Padres' win against the despised Mets. But now come the hard part: who to root for in the NLDS. She's going with the Padres again, and I'm going to pick the Dodgers.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Alps

Quote from: Henry on October 10, 2022, 12:07:55 PM
My wife is from San Diego, so we're celebrating the Padres' win against the despised Mets. But now come the hard part: who to root for in the NLDS. She's going with the Padres again, and I'm going to pick the Dodgers.
pick from the other side too? I'm going Phillies so someone reasonably close to home is in

Takumi

DS picks: Braves, Dodgers, Astros, Yankees. CS picks: Dodgers and Astros. WS pick: Dodgers get revenge for 2017.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Alps

Quote from: Takumi on October 10, 2022, 11:48:23 PM
DS picks: Braves, Dodgers, Astros, Yankees. CS picks: Dodgers and Astros. WS pick: Dodgers get revenge for 2017.
all favorites, so original
I know any amount of upsets are unlikely here. I would love the Astros to be unseated and the Blue Jays are the most likely of the 4 underdogs to pull the upset (notwithstanding who they're facing) from what I know of them. Phillies have a shot at the Braves too for that matter, especially being divisional rivals.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Alps on October 11, 2022, 12:05:26 AM
I know any amount of upsets are unlikely here. I would love the Astros to be unseated and the Blue Jays are the most likely of the 4 underdogs to pull the upset (notwithstanding who they're facing) from what I know of them. Phillies have a shot at the Braves too for that matter, especially being divisional rivals.

The Blue Jays are pretty unlikely to be pulling any upsets.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

davewiecking

Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on October 05, 2022, 08:40:23 AM
First round picks:

Rays in 3
Jays in 3
Mets in 2
Cards in 3

!!!

Takumi

The Blue Jays?

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Henry

Quote from: Takumi on October 11, 2022, 12:29:28 PM
The Blue Jays?
He must mean the Mariners, although they have a very good shot at pulling an upset against the Astros.

My other three picks are the Braves, Mariners and Yankees. (Although I commend the Guardians for a terrific debut season, I don't think that they can get past New York, who happens to have former Cub Anthony Rizzo on its roster.)

Takumi

I think the Guardians have the highest chance of an upset (though as I type this, the Phillies have gotten off to a hot start in game 1), because the Yankees' bullpen seems to be a bit iffy due to injuries and Chapman being the turd of a person that he is.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Alps

Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on October 11, 2022, 07:30:31 AM

The Blue Jays are pretty unlikely to be pulling any upsets.
Yeah I don't like typing that other team and also I am dumb

Roadgeekteen

Mariners choked just like they inflicted onto the Blue Jays
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.