Regional Boards > Northeast

Philadelphia

<< < (134/139) > >>

74/171FAN:
PennDOT - District 6 News: PennDOT To Host Open House for Frankford Avenue Bridge Rehabilitation Project over Frankford Creek in Philadelphia

roadman65:
Is the side mounted signals without overheads on the Ben Franklin Parkway in Philly done to not effect the view of City Hall looking SE Bound on the Parkway as well as the NW Bound view of the Art Museum?

I read that city planners made the BF Parkway diagonal through the city between City Hall and the Museum on purpose to offer a linear line of sight between the two as well as create a park between the two.  So I assume the mast arms would ruin those views.

74/171FAN:

--- Quote from: roadman65 on September 04, 2022, 07:10:49 AM ---Is the side mounted signals without overheads on the Ben Franklin Parkway in Philly done to not effect the view of City Hall looking SE Bound on the Parkway as well as the NW Bound view of the Art Museum?

I read that city planners made the BF Parkway diagonal through the city between City Hall and the Museum on purpose to offer a linear line of sight between the two as well as create a park between the two.  So I assume the mast arms would ruin those views.

--- End quote ---

I'd move this post to the Philly thread if I could. 

Alps:

--- Quote from: 74/171FAN on September 04, 2022, 08:44:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: roadman65 on September 04, 2022, 07:10:49 AM ---Is the side mounted signals without overheads on the Ben Franklin Parkway in Philly done to not effect the view of City Hall looking SE Bound on the Parkway as well as the NW Bound view of the Art Museum?

--- End quote ---

I'd move this post to the Philly thread if I could. 

--- End quote ---
I can ;)

74/171FAN:
(For PA 611)  PennDOT - District 6 News: SEPTA to Restrict Northbound Broad Street (Route 611) for Subway Station Improvements in South Philadelphia

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version