National Boards > Road Enthusiasts Meetings

2022 Philadelphia, PA National Road Meet (August 20-21, 2022)

<< < (31/36) > >>

PHLBOS:

--- Quote from: roadwaywiz95 on August 14, 2022, 08:12:26 PM ---A few words about parking/carpooling/etc: to make things easy, folks who plan on driving during each day of the weekend should leave their cars at each restaurant location; those who are planning on carpooling should leave cars at adjacent parking lots nearby. There is ample parking on both days for folks looking to leave cars. For those this applies to, on Saturday please look for parking in the area of Ikea/Lowes near Miller's; on Sunday, please look for parking in the Whitman Plaza (Shop Rite/Burlington) on Oregon Avenue. Sorting out the car situation off the bat will save us a decent amount of time each day and I appreciate everyone's forthcoming cooperation with this.
--- End quote ---
just a suggestion: it might be helpful to know what the approximate head-count is for both days in advance; so there's an idea how many vehicles are needed at a minimum.

--- Quote from: roadwaywiz95 on August 14, 2022, 08:12:26 PM ---I've already spoken with a few of you about this but I'll address the group as a whole in case I miss anybody. If you're attending the Phillies game on Saturday, please make sure you have a way of getting in the ballpark - this can be accomplished by utilizing the MLB Ballpark app on your phone or by tagging along with me at the gate when we arrive. I'm going to start distributing tickets this week to those who have reserved a spot, so be on the lookout for that. (We actually still have two tickets that are unclaimed at this time, so I can accommodate a couple last-minute additions to the ballgame roster if you're out there...)
--- End quote ---
It might be a good idea to get a head-count of who's going in advance as well to determine the needed vehicle count.

tckma:
Looks like I'll be able to take up to 3 people, both days, if I am needed to drive.

PHLBOS:
I can take up to 3 people as well on Saturday. 

One or two on Sunday; I will likely be using my Mustang convertible if the weather's decent.

roadwaywiz95:
FINAL UPDATE:

A few final notes and other things as we approach the weekend.

There have been questions about the number of people attending each day of the weekend for the purposes of estimating the number of drivers needed. Based on my best information, I think we’ll need around 12-13 drivers for Saturday, provided that we do our best to adhere to the advice I posted above previously. Sunday will need a few less than that. That’s the best information I can give you, b/c the RSVP situation has not been as fluid and perfect as I would have liked it to be. I have a good idea of who’s probably going, but that’s about it. I *will* say that we have 19 people confirmed for the Phillies game, so do what you must with that information. I expect a mix of people carpooling and taking transit to the ballpark from the end of the Meet, but I don’t have a count of who’s doing what in that regard.

I did complete a quick write-up of an alternative itinerary for Leg 1 on Saturday, but I’ve changed my mind and decided not to post it here. It’s not clear if it will even be needed at all and I’d like to avoid confusing people between the different versions that would be out there. If I need to hand out a supplemental document to you folks at lunch on Saturday, then I will do so – I will have enough for everyone who needs one.

The pre-meet events will start promptly at the times listed on each event, so please do your best to arrive punctually if you plan on joining us for either of those. If you happen to arrive late on Saturday morning, you’ll be able to find us somewhere on the Center City side of the Schuylkill Banks Trail; if you happen to arrive late on Sunday morning, you’ll be able to find us somewhere on the Manayunk Bridge itself.

I will have goodies to give away at lunch on both days, including (but not limited to) New York State Thruway toll tickets (a collector’s item these days), ‘roadwaywiz’ business cards, and a couple different window/bumper sticker designs for you avid drivers. Maps and other collectibles are welcome as well!

Looking forward to seeing folks tomorrow evening to kick off the weekend, and I look forward to seeing you all over the course of the weekend itself!

PHLBOS:

--- Quote from: roadwaywiz95 on August 18, 2022, 08:27:45 PM ---I *will* say that we have 19 people confirmed for the Phillies game, so do what you must with that information. I expect a mix of people carpooling and taking transit to the ballpark from the end of the Meet, but I don’t have a count of who’s doing what in that regard.
--- End quote ---
Heads up.  The only direct transit routes from Ikea/Miller's Ale House are SEPTA bus routes.  Travel timing, including walking is 20-35 minutes depending on which bus route one takes.

OTHO, driving is only a 4-8 minute venture; but one has to pay for parking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version