News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

2023-24 NCAA Men's College Basketball season

Started by bugo, November 15, 2023, 08:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

I'm excited about the college basketball season this year because Arkansas is a top 15 team, and some writers have them winning a national championship. The team is gushing with talent, but they sometimes play sloppily and miss shots they should be making. They'll get better throughout the year. Another sweet 16 or elite 8 is very doable, and a final 4 or better is not out of the realm of possibility.

How is your team supposed to do this season?

JayhawkCO

We're ranked number one and came back to beat a good Kentucky team last night.

bugo

Arkansas plays Duke on November 29 in Fayetteville. We'll know how good the Razorbacks are then.

kurumi

I did the math.

UConn has won championships in 1999, 2004, 2011, 2014, and 2023. It looks random, but it's not. The intervals between championships are 5 years, 7, 3, and 9.

The formula is simpler than it looks: a(n) = 1/2 * (-1)n * (2n + 11(-1)n - 1).

The next number in the sequence is 1 -- which predicts a Huskies repeat in 2024. It's also a 2xx4 year, meaning the women's team will win as well (2004, 2014).

The number after that is 11... meaning a bit of a drought until 2035.

The number after that is -1, so we'll see what happens.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

jlam

My Wildcats are #3 after having 2 decisive wins and "upsetting" Duke. Hopefully, we don't choke in the tourney again.

Alps

Michigan and Seton Hall are both unranked, but based on what I've seen of them thus far that may not last much longer.

Hunty2022

I won't be surprised if my home team has a deep March Madness run, but won't be surprised if we get taken out in the first round again.

We are 3-0, but unranked for the first time in years. Go Hoos!
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

ET21

NIU Men's is on their best start since 2015 which is saying a lot cause this team has been bad for a long time :-o
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

JayhawkCO

The Maui Invitational this year is stacked, with 5 teams in the top 11. #11 Gonzaga already lost, so we have a championship bracket of #1 Kansas vs. #4 Marquette and #2 Purdue vs. #7 Tennessee.

JayhawkCO

I'm obviously biased, but the UConn/KU game last night was one of the better regular season games I've seen in a while. We played really well and UConn (especially Newton) were there punch for punch. Great effort from both teams.

Big John

Wisconsin defeated #3 Marquette today in an in-state rivalry.

tmoore952

bugo

Quote from: bugo on November 15, 2023, 09:16:57 AM
Arkansas plays Duke on November 29 in Fayetteville. We'll know how good the Razorbacks are then.

Arkansas won 80-75. It was a great game. Arkansas lost a few games, but they bounced back with this one. If there had been 2 minutes left, Duke would have won, because Arkansas didn't have any answers for Duke's full court trap defense.

kurumi

Quote from: JayhawkCO on December 02, 2023, 04:07:27 PM
I'm obviously biased, but the UConn/KU game last night was one of the better regular season games I've seen in a while. We played really well and UConn (especially Newton) were there punch for punch. Great effort from both teams.

I'm biased as well, wish the game had gone the other way, but: to be great, you've got to compete with KU. It would be awesome to have nonconf games with the blue bloods (alternating home and home) each year.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.