News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Stories of interstates

Started by WISFreeways, September 29, 2009, 08:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thspfc

Max Rockatansky

My name is Interstate 238.  Everyone hates me and bullied constantly by the road fan community.  I just want to get you between I-880 and I-580, why do you hate me so much?

NWI_Irish96

My name is the Indiana Toll Road/I-80/I-90. I'm a prostitute. I cost money and get a lot of traffic.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

US 89

I know I’ve posted this before, but the only thing I can think of whenever I see a thread like this is this insanity

MATraveler128

Hi. I'm I-180, the one in Wyoming of course. I'm an arterial in Cheyenne with traffic lights and a diamond interchange at my parent that just so happens to be an Interstate.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

JayhawkCO

Hello, I'm I-70. I'm a little bit of a introverted extravert. I love climbing mountains and running in deserts, but I also like to just hang out at a nice Park & Ride. Baltimore is my favorite city and I'm glad I live there.

skluth

I'm I-180 in Illinois. I'm stubborn and no how much you want me to go away, I'm still here.

MoiraPrime

Quote from: US 89 on July 06, 2022, 11:36:50 AM
I know I've posted this before, but the only thing I can think of whenever I see a thread like this is this insanity

Ha, I've seen that before. It keeps randomly popping up in search engine results when I try looking for real highway information. Really annoying. They seem to have accidentally cornered the SEO market on wiki pages about roads..

CtrlAltDel

I'm I-295. I'm one of a group of octuplets, but we are all very different from one another. Most of us aren't really close, but some of us are.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

ethanhopkin14

Quote from: JayhawkCO on July 06, 2022, 01:24:12 PM
Hello, I'm I-70. I'm a little bit of a introverted extravert. I love climbing mountains and running in deserts, but I also like to just hang out at a nice Park & Ride. Baltimore is my favorite city and I'm glad I live there.

You didn't mention that I-70 has a severed leg that forces you to use someone else's leg to get to the rest of the leg. 

Great Lakes Roads

Hello, I'm I-69. I have started up the routing from NE Indianapolis to Lansing, but I have been extended EASTword to Port Huron, MI. I have recently been extended south to Evansville and beyond to Texas with THREE separate endpoints: Laredo, McAllen, and Brownsville. 

It's been a work in progress with Arkansas, Mississippi, and Louisiana having no funds for work on me.  :angry:

SkyPesos

Hello, I'm I-366. I don't exist yet, but when I do, you all will enjoy driving at 85 mph.

SkyPesos

Quote from: ethanhopkin14 on July 06, 2022, 02:08:24 PM

You didn't mention that I-70 has a severed leg that forces you to use someone else's leg to get to the rest of the leg.
Relationships for I-70:

US 40 - Father
US 50 - Mother
US 6 - Uncle
US 30 - Aunt (thanks for taking care of my broken leg)
I-68 - Sibling
I-80 - Half-sibling (their mom is US 30)
I-66 - Half-sibling
I-76 - Cousin (parents are US 6 and US 30)
I-84 - Cousin (parents are US 6 and US 30)
I-75 - love interest (somehow got together after both getting rejected by I-95)

Evan_Th

Quote from: SkyPesos on July 06, 2022, 04:17:58 PM

Nah, they passed by each other in Dayton but didn't actually stay together.

ethanhopkin14

Relationships for I-70:

US 40 - Father
US 50 - Mother
US 6 - Uncle
I-68 - Sibling
I-66 - Half-sibling

What about I-15?  He has a hand in I-70's birth correct?

ethanhopkin14

Quote from: Evan_Th on July 06, 2022, 04:25:05 PM

Nah, they passed by each other in Dayton but didn't actually stay together.

Summer fling?

SkyPesos

Quote from: ethanhopkin14 on July 06, 2022, 04:26:22 PM

Relationships for I-70:

US 40 - Father
US 50 - Mother
US 6 - Uncle
I-68 - Sibling
I-66 - Half-sibling

What about I-15?  He has a hand in I-70's birth correct?
I-70 didn't meet I-15 until they got older. I-25 was one of the first people I-70 has met though.

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on July 06, 2022, 02:23:42 PM
Hello, I'm I-69. I have started up the routing from NE Indianapolis to Lansing, but I have been extended EASTword to Port Huron, MI. I have recently been extended south to Evansville and beyond to Texas with THREE separate endpoints: Laredo, McAllen, and Brownsville. 

It's been a work in progress with Arkansas, Mississippi, and Louisiana having no funds for work on me.  :angry:

I-69 is still going through puberty.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

tsmatt13

Hello, I'm I-49. A random segment of me exists between Barling and White Bluff, Arkansas, and I am going through an existential crisis every day until that segment finally connects with the rest of me.
Interstates & freeways clinched: 16, 78, 87 (NY), 97, 287, 295 (NJ/PA/DE), 676, ACE, GSP

SkyPesos

For a long time, I-70 was jealous that his older sibling I-80 had two branches to the west coast (San Francisco and Portland) and was hoping that his brother can give the San Francisco one to him after he makes it out of Denver to SLC. But I-70 was a procrastinator, so he didn't try to get from Denver to SLC the first moment he could; he waited for a while. Unfortunately, he waited too long and, a new rule passed that highways can't have self-numbered branches. Because I-70 wasn't even close to SLC yet, US 30 gave birth to a new child (I-84) to take over Portland from I-80. This shattered all dreams of I-70 making it to San Francisco, and the west coast as a whole. After some years, I-70 made his trek west across the mountains and desert but following his mom and uncle (US 50 and US 6) instead of his dad as he originally wanted to. In the middle of the desert, he came across I-15. Those two quickly became friends, with I-15 offering to permanently accommodate I-70's west end in this remote environment, and where it has been since.

Hobart

My name is Interstate 57. I'm 63 years old. My birthplace is in the southwest section of Chicago, where all the villas are, and I am not married.

My father, I-94, told me, "You, my son, you will have all of the figgy pudding." He told me the story about how he was a mama's boy, always coming back to I-90... my grandmother, if you will. He seemed to take the less efficient route... seeing her join with prostitutes (toll roads) really upset him, even after their lovely time together in Wisconsin. "We tried to have you and I-55 sooner (further north, in Wisconsin)," he said, "but some... government agency in Illinois put a stop to it."

He said he had me because he was worried about my brother, who seemed more obsessed with going to Saint Louis than anything. He was worried about the beeline I-55 made, how it wasn't an effective way to go south, but told me about a wonderful place called Little Rock, the land of Bill Clinton, an epic saxophone player. I wanted to go there, so I started.

I was a bit nervous at first... the south side is scary. I'm pitted up by it to this day. I eventually got out of there, met a kind fellow named I-80, and continued southwest. He seemed like a jolly old guy... I heard from the grapevine that I-80 told I-94 about me, and that it was a very good goal, extraordinarily commendable.

I roamed south across Illinois, joined hands with I-70 and I-64 and sang koom-by-yah I guess, but... they weren't really my type. I-70 was the most beautiful woman I've ever met, and I-64 was the most handsome, but... I don't know... I had one kid, I guess... I think it was from 64. I sent Interstate 24 to Florida. "Conquer the southeast for me," I told him as a little boy. "Go over the mountains and get me to Disney World!" I could tell my time was getting close. I couldn't do it myself... I barely even made it halfway to Little Rock!

The hills ended, and I hopped the Mississippi, like my father, mother, and the east-west friends I made along the way. I even made friends with US 60, we shared real estate for a bit.

In Sikeston, I met my brother. He killed me, but I took it. No children, no x5 glory, no major cities outside of Illinois... I had nothing. I told 60 to get to Little Rock for me... He said he might know a guy. I hope he was right.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Flint1979

Max Rockatansky

I'm Interstate 305, I live in Sacramento.  You've probably never heard of me, but I've been around for a while now.  Most people in Sacramento don't recognize me since I dress up like a US Route.  I'm related to Interstate 80, but I don't talk about that because of California State Route 51.

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: US 89 on July 06, 2022, 11:36:50 AM
I know I've posted this before, but the only thing I can think of whenever I see a thread like this is this insanity

oh hell, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread's title (and its creator's dedication to it honestly frightens me)
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.