News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Any Good Free and Safe Programs to Fix Corrupted Videos?

Started by Amaury, April 30, 2023, 03:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amaury

There's a first time for everything. My dashcam records and makes clips in sets of 27 minutes and 37 seconds in length. Unusual number, I know. I have the loop setting off, but even so, my previous dashcam did it in sets of 30 minutes with the loop setting off. Anyway, for some reason on my drive on Tuesday, the last clip–the last leg of the drive–which was around 15 minutes in length got corrupted. I did some further testing and it recorded things fine afterward, so I think it was just a glitch, though I do have two SD cards I use.

I tried getting this program, which showed promise: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BWB8KPK/ When I previewed the uncorrupted video, I was only able to play the first minute or so and it was doing some repetitive "skips" in the audio and kept playing the same thing over and over–video was fine, though–but I figured that was just due to the limitations of the free program. In order to save the uncorrupted clips, I needed to purchase it, so I did, but the activation key that came with it on Amazon wasn't working. Thankfully, I was able to get a refund.

Before that I had tried this: https://repairit.wondershare.com/ And I was able to preview the whole video after the program uncorrupted it, and it played perfectly. However, just like with the above, in order to save the uncorrupted video, I needed to purchase the program; otherwise, it's pointless. I generally try to avoid buying stuff outside of Amazon or PlayStation Network, but Wondershare looks to be an official and trustworthy website and seems to be my only choice. However, I figured I'd see if anyone else has used it or if they had any recommendations on a free program that works just as well. Apparently, the corruption of the file is categorized as severe, and Wondershare Repairit was still able to fix it, which is impressive, but pointless if I can't save the uncorrupted video file. On the Wondershare site, it was also said that VLC Media Player, which is free, could fix corrupted files, but I had no luck with that: https://repairit.wondershare.com/video-repair/dash-cam-videos-wont-play.html
Quote from: Rean SchwarzerWe stand before a great darkness, but remember, darkness can't exist where light is. Let's be that light!

Wikipedia Profile: Amaury

In_Correct

You know the answer.

As for my best and extreme example for Data Recovery is to open the Corrupted File by plugging it in to MorphOS.

A Free example, perhaps the only one around ... is to upload You Tube, wait for You Tube to convert the File, and download it.   

Or you can spend money to support the other web site.

Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.