News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I-57 Approved

Started by US71, October 11, 2017, 09:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikieTimT

ARDOT is holding a public involvement meeting in Corning next week regarding the Corning Bypass, which is the first 4.1 mile segment of the new terrain I-57 facility between Walnut Ridge and the Missouri border.  According to the video, after taking comments into consideration, they are planning on ROW acquisition this year with construction starting next year with completion in 2026.  Seems fast, but it is new terrain and there isn't much if anything in the way of utility movement other than probably near the interchanges and just earthwork to build the roadbed across cropland.  I'd wager that it gets designated either AR-557 or AR-667 in the interim until the whole shebang becomes I-57.

https://future57.transportationplanroom.com/corningbypass

Great Lakes Roads

I could also see ArDOT signing the new bypass as US 67 while the current routing through Corning as US 67B...

ilpt4u

Quote from: MikieTimT on March 08, 2024, 01:53:33 PM
ARDOT is holding a public involvement meeting in Corning next week regarding the Corning Bypass, which is the first 4.1 mile segment of the new terrain I-57 facility between Walnut Ridge and the Missouri border.  According to the video, after taking comments into consideration, they are planning on ROW acquisition this year with construction starting next year with completion in 2026.  Seems fast, but it is new terrain and there isn't much if anything in the way of utility movement other than probably near the interchanges and just earthwork to build the roadbed across cropland.  I'd wager that it gets designated either AR-557 or AR-667 in the interim until the whole shebang becomes I-57.

Take a cue from TNDOT and go with AR 570 as a temp designation, if that is the chosen method
Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on March 08, 2024, 02:26:19 PM
I could also see ArDOT signing the new bypass as US 67 while the current routing through Corning as US 67B...
Probably will depend if the ultimate plan is to put 67 on the new Interstate or if it will end up designated as the parallel US at-grade route thru town

MikieTimT

Quote from: ilpt4u on March 08, 2024, 08:57:50 PM

Take a cue from TNDOT and go with AR 570 as a temp designation, if that is the chosen method
Probably will depend if the ultimate plan is to put 67 on the new Interstate or if it will end up designated as the parallel US at-grade route thru town

If its anything like the Bella Vista Bypass, they'll leave the US highway designation on the existing facility and designate the bypass as AR-557 since ARDOT uses the AR-5** series as placeholders for future interstates until they are connected and designated their ultimate number.  The Bella Vista Bypass was AR-549, much like the existing segment of Future I-49 is in Barling/Ft. Smith until they span the river valley and connect up to Alma.  In south Arkansas, the extension of I-530 to Monticello from Pine Bluff has the Super-2 segments temp designated AR-530 until they are connected and completed.  ARDOT does some wonky stuff with 3DI US highways, like US-412 Bypass is temp designated AR-612.

Road Hog

On the other hand, ARDOT long ago set the precedent of renaming old US 67 as AR 367 and moving the US designation to the new freeway as it was built. Possible they move both US 67 and US 62 to the new route between Pocahontas and Corning, as the 64-67-167 concurrency in White County was.

bwana39

Quote from: MikieTimT on March 09, 2024, 09:59:59 AM
Quote from: ilpt4u on March 08, 2024, 08:57:50 PM

If its anything like the Bella Vista Bypass, they'll leave the US highway designation on the existing facility and designate the bypass as AR-557 since ARDOT uses the AR-5** series as placeholders for future interstates until they are connected and designated their ultimate number.  The Bella Vista Bypass was AR-549, much like the existing segment of Future I-49 is in Barling/Ft. Smith until they span the river valley and connect up to Alma.  In south Arkansas, the extension of I-530 to Monticello from Pine Bluff has the Super-2 segments temp designated AR-530 until they are connected and completed.  ARDOT does some wonky stuff with 3DI US highways, like US-412 Bypass is temp designated AR-612.

It is how they did US-71 from North of Texarkana to the state line at Ida LA.
Let's build what we need as economically as possible.

The Ghostbuster

I wouldn't be surprised if new segments of future Interstate 57 were temporarily signed as AR 557, although I would sign them solely as US 67 (with old 67 becoming 367) and adding the Interstate 57 designation later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.