News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Songs stuck in your head?

Started by planxtymcgillicuddy, November 06, 2019, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

Foster the People Don't Stop. I first heard this song in a roadgeek video years ago by freewaybrent and thats how I got hooked on roadgeek videos.

hbelkins

Judas Priest's "Starbreaker."

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

GaryV

I am SO glad that I'm an old fart who doesn't recognize hardly any of these songs.  So they aren't going around in my head.

As for Amazing Grace, it can be sung to a multitude of tunes, all the way from House of the Rising Sun to the theme from Gilligan's Island.  (Ha.  Now get that ditty out of your brain.)

mgk920

Quote from: renegade on November 12, 2019, 09:08:32 PM
Quote from: US71 on November 12, 2019, 12:24:41 PM
Quote from: roadman on November 12, 2019, 11:53:30 AM
Quote from: adventurernumber1 on November 10, 2019, 09:45:07 AMBut once a bad song gets stuck in my head (such as one I involuntarily hear on the radio or someone else playing), then it becomes torture.  :biggrin:

There's a remedy for having a song stuck in your head.  Try to sing the song (whatever it is) to the tune of Amazing Grace.  Don't know why, but the song will go away.

Yeah, didn't get me with that one.

"I love you, you love me...."

:banghead:

Mike

roadman65

Pinball Wizard by the Who.  Yes lately been thinking about the good ole days of rock and they were one of the many of those days.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

hbelkins

After falling into the YouTube wormhole last night, "Take Hold of the Flame." Originally by Queensryche, but I saw the video with them and Dream Theater performing it.

Am I the only one who's a bigger fan of DT's covers than I am their original compositions? For heaven's sake, they've played the entire "Master of Puppets" and "Number of the Beast" albums live, and did a darn good job.

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

planxtymcgillicuddy

Today, it's Ecstasy of Gold from The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYI09PMNazw
It's easy to be easy when you're easy...

Quote from: on_wisconsin on November 27, 2021, 02:39:12 PM
Whats a Limon, and does it go well with gin?

hbelkins

Quote from: planxtymcgillicuddy on November 15, 2019, 03:27:55 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYI09PMNazw

You can hear that on a beer commercial -- or at the start of a Metallica live concert recording.

Today's installment:

This was really interesting to me when it came out. When I was in high school band, we played a lot of Chicago tunes and we played a lot of Maynard Ferguson arrangements. MF played the trumpet solo on the studio version.

ozarkman417

Quote from: bing101 on November 13, 2019, 12:41:51 PM
Foster the People Don't Stop. I first heard this song in a roadgeek video years ago by freewaybrent and thats how I got hooked on roadgeek videos.

I first heard that song watching iNoToRiOuS (A Counter-Strike: Global Offensive YouTuber). The end of the song was used as an outro on a few of his videos.

kevinb1994

Quote from: hbelkins on November 15, 2019, 06:08:49 PM
Quote from: planxtymcgillicuddy on November 15, 2019, 03:27:55 PM

You can hear that on a beer commercial -- or at the start of a Metallica live concert recording.

Today's installment:

This was really interesting to me when it came out. When I was in high school band, we played a lot of Chicago tunes and we played a lot of Maynard Ferguson arrangements. MF played the trumpet solo on the studio version.

Street Player is a recent favorite of mine, as I was awestruck by its arrangement.

Max Rockatansky

I listened to "We are Siamese"  from the original Lady and the Tramp after I found out the remake doesn't have it.  The sadistic lines about eating the fish for some reason are sticking like an ear worm at the moment. 

planxtymcgillicuddy

Today, it's a tune by John Fahey, written for Chessie system trains. This whole album has been stuck in my head in the past few days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqW_u79hIM8

kevinb1994

Quote from: planxtymcgillicuddy on November 19, 2019, 05:53:33 PM
Today, it's a tune by John Fahey, written for Chessie system trains. This whole album has been stuck in my head in the past few days

Chessie System, more like Grumpy System.

bing101

Blind Melon No Rain from the 1990's got my head though.

planxtymcgillicuddy

Today, it's another cut off of John Fahey's Railroad album that's stuck in my head.....and a song I've played many times in a bluegrass setting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59x9q0bsXN0

roadman65

Hide In Your Shell by Supertramp when Roger Hodson was their Main Frontman. It has one of the catchiest melodies around despite it never being played on the radio when the Crime Of The Century album was out.  The album was one of their greatest works as well but with songs like that one no wonder why.

Sheryl Crowe

index

I now have Shattering Song by Sausage stuck in my head. Anyone else here into Les Claypool's stuff?
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

1995hoo

On Saturday I was driving and I made the mistake of not changing the station when "Paradise by the Dashboard Light"  came on. It's still stuck in my head.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

OracleUsr

That blasted Taylor Swift song from the Capital One commercial.  I don't know the name of it, but all I know is that it is irritating as all getup.
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

SectorZ

Quote from: hbelkins on November 14, 2019, 11:59:19 PM
After falling into the YouTube wormhole last night, "Take Hold of the Flame." Originally by Queensryche, but I saw the video with them and Dream Theater performing it.

Am I the only one who's a bigger fan of DT's covers than I am their original compositions? For heaven's sake, they've played the entire "Master of Puppets" and "Number of the Beast" albums live, and did a darn good job.

Their covers on the Black Clouds and Silver Linings album are fantastic as well. Rainbow's "Stargazer" is the best cover of that song (of many - especially better than Metallica ruining it in a medley).

DT is one of my favorite's overall, at least my favorite prog metal band, notwithstanding Rush occasionally making stuff that could be called metal.

roadman65

Two songs always come to mind whenever I drive or think about the US 1 bridge between Stock Island and Key West.  Going to see the Keys for the first time, Phil Collins Do You Remember was on the radio.  It was June 1990 and that song was in the Top 40 to be played on commercial radio, so going to Key West entering that island I think of that song.

Leaving in  1991, Supertramp's Take The Long Way Home played as I was leaving the key and heading home, so even when I looked at AA Roads photo of US 1 north leaving Key West that particular song started playing in my head.

Sheryl Crowe

webny99

I've had many songs stuck in my head, but the two that are the most impossible to get out of my head are "Meant to Be" and "Senorita".

Probably the best song I've ever heard that has not managed to get stuck in my head for a significant length of time is "Smooth" by Santana/Rob Thomas. That seems to add to its greatness since I have to actually listen to it more often.

kphoger

Quote from: webny99 on June 01, 2020, 10:01:02 AM
... most impossible to get out of my head ... "Senorita".

Truer words were never typed.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Max Rockatansky

All the recent goings on in the world had me look up Somebody's Watching Me the other day.  It's actually pretty catchy and I added it to my YouTube playlist of 80s stuff. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.