News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

2020 meets

Started by A.J. Bertin, August 01, 2019, 09:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webny99

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on November 11, 2019, 06:50:49 AM
I would love a reason to visit Utica NY

Said everyone always.  ;-)

Alps

Quote from: webny99 on November 11, 2019, 02:15:01 PM
I would love a reason to visit Utica NY

Said everyone always.  ;-)
Chicken riggies alone are worth it.

Rothman

Had a friend who grew up in Utica.  He said the big thing to do there is watch buildings get demolished.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

A.J. Bertin

I just want reasons to visit any American city of any significant size if I've never been to those cities before... Utica NY included. LOL

(I grew up in Utica, Michigan.)
-A.J. from Michigan

vdeane

Quote from: baugh17 on November 10, 2019, 10:14:46 PM
I am playing with the idea of another Utica meet in the spring (small scale - nothing extravagant)...This time, it would focus on the Oriskany St. (NY 5S) reconstruction project in downtown as well as checking out the old Erie Canal bridges in western Oneida County between Rome and Sylvan Beach.
Cool.  I could also see a re-drive of the Arterial (now complete since the last meet, and with the median barrier due to be replaced to reduce flooding) and NY 825 (which had the widening project in the middle/north section).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

baugh17

Quote from: vdeane on November 12, 2019, 12:41:43 PM
Cool.  I could also see a re-drive of the Arterial (now complete since the last meet, and with the median barrier due to be replaced to reduce flooding) and NY 825 (which had the widening project in the middle/north section).

I've started a dedicated thread for a potential Utica meet in the spring.

roadwaywiz95

I am claiming the Wilmington (DE) and Atlantic/Ocean City (NJ) markets for Online Meets sometime in 2020.  :angry:
Clinched Counties: http://www.mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/roadwaywiz.gif
Clinched Interstates & Other Highways: https://travelmapping.net/shields/clinched.php?units=miles&u=roadwaywiz

@roadwaywiz on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Spreadshirt, and Discord

Also at http://www.gribblenation.org/

US71

Quote from: roadwaywiz95 on November 17, 2019, 01:12:16 PM
I am claiming the Wilmington (DE) and Atlantic/Ocean City (NJ) markets for Online Meets sometime in 2020.  :angry:

U mad, bro?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

cl94

I will angrily request a spot in one of those provided my schedule allows. It would give me an excuse to finish clinching NJ. :angry:
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Alps

Quote from: cl94 on November 17, 2019, 01:24:15 PM

I will angrily request a spot in one of those provided my schedule allows. It would give me an excuse to finish clinching NJ. :angry:
I will request cl94's spot

cl94

Quote from: Alps on November 18, 2019, 12:08:54 AM

:angry: :angry: :angry:
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Scott5114

Not committing to it yet, but just curious if there'd be interest in another Oklahoma City meet at some point? The last one was about 10 years ago. Since then, I-40 has been realigned through downtown, there's been a lot of work to I-235 and I-240, and the Kickapoo Turnpike should be opening sometime next year.

Quote from: cl94 on November 18, 2019, 07:06:14 PM
Quote from: Alps on November 18, 2019, 12:08:54 AM

:angry: :angry: :angry:

I'm not even going to this meet, but I'm still angry about it! :angry: :angry: :angry:

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 22, 2019, 06:45:16 AM
Not committing to it yet, but just curious if there'd be interest in another Oklahoma City meet at some point?

I would be very interested in attending an Oklahoma City meet if it's feasible for me to do so.
-A.J. from Michigan

Brandon

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 22, 2019, 06:45:16 AM
Not committing to it yet, but just curious if there'd be interest in another Oklahoma City meet at some point? The last one was about 10 years ago. Since then, I-40 has been realigned through downtown, there's been a lot of work to I-235 and I-240, and the Kickapoo Turnpike should be opening sometime next year.

My answer is yes.  I've only passed through Oklahoma a handful of times before.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

cl94

I might be interested in OKC depending on when it happens. I have spent very little time in Oklahoma.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Rumor has it that a Michigan resident wants to hold a roadmeet in Toledo, Ohio come the fall of 2020.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Alps

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on November 24, 2019, 10:41:30 PM
Rumor has it that a Michigan resident wants to hold a roadmeet in Toledo, Ohio come the fall of 2020.
Toledo, Michigan </border war>

cl94

Quote from: Alps on November 24, 2019, 11:37:11 PM

Goblu, Ohio?

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: cl94 on November 24, 2019, 11:46:56 PM
Quote from: Alps on November 24, 2019, 11:37:11 PM

Goblu, Ohio?

I can't Schembechler those reports.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

JMoses24

Quote from: cl94 on November 24, 2019, 12:17:48 PM
I might be interested in OKC depending on when it happens. I have spent very little time in Oklahoma.

If OKC happens, I can help scout.

baugh17

Quote from: baugh17 on November 10, 2019, 10:14:46 PM
I am playing with the idea of another Utica meet in the spring (small scale - nothing extravagant)...This time, it would focus on the Oriskany St. (NY 5S) reconstruction project in downtown as well as checking out the old Erie Canal bridges in western Oneida County between Rome and Sylvan Beach.

Nice... I've added this one to the main list as well. I would love a reason to visit Utica NY but it's doubtful I'll be able to make it with all the other meets I'm planning on attending next year.

Date officially set for May 9.  Details in the meet thread and the Facebook invite (Those I sent invites to).

Alps

I've heard there's a paucity of northeastern meets, so I've come up with a Morris County (NJ) Meet. Tentatively in the August-September timeframe.

cl94

Quote from: Alps on February 17, 2020, 12:58:46 PM
I've heard there's a paucity of northeastern meets, so I've come up with a Morris County (NJ) Meet. Tentatively in the August-September timeframe.

Well, there's nothing on the calendar in September, so...

Provided I'm in town, that's daytrip range for me.

Nikolai

Kansas City has been set for October 17.

tckma

Quote from: Alps on February 17, 2020, 12:58:46 PM

Also daytrip range for me, especially once I've moved.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.