News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xcellntbuy

Late this afternoon, 50 degrees and bright sunny, clear skies in Milledgeville, GA.

roadman

Just wrapping up a snowstorm in the Greater Boston area - with averages of between five and eight inches depending upon the community.  NWS has also issues a special weather statement warning of a possible black ice hazard during the overnight hours due to the anticipated below freezing temps.

As a interesting sidebar, Boston was one of the first communities to close school for Friday once the winter storm warning was issued.  However, they never declared a snow emergency as well - which seems very odd to me.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

dcbjms

Same here.  It was weird, since I shovelled almost constantly today - earlier the snow was wicked heavy, but towards the end it was that fluffy slow.  We did get quite a bit of snow, though when I shovelled for the last time (after hearing about the black ice warning) I shovelled out a dusting, which was a relief after shovelling an average of 2-3" per time.

ET21

The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Thing 342

hm insulators

Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

wxfree

Sunny and near 80 around DFW.

I'd like to post a video of Worf yelling at Counselor Troi "It is too hot!" but YouTube doesn't seem to have one.

Fortunately, a cold front has moved through and the next few days will be warm, but not as warm.
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

cl94

It's finally winter in northeastern New York. Low teens with wind chills below zero. Wind chills could break -30 this weekend.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Desert Man

85 degrees outside...and I have my A/c blowing, and this is Feb.! The time when I made this post is 3:33PM (pacific time).
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

SignGeek101

With the windchill, supposed to get to -40 or below here tonight and tomorrow.

realjd

Quote from: SignGeek101 on February 11, 2016, 07:18:02 PM

I was going to ask C or F, but at -40 they're the same.

Low's around 40F and highs in the mid 50's here in FL. There was a frost warning last night and a freeze warning a few counties north. We busted out our winter coats and covered the cold-sensitive plants.

SignGeek101

Quote from: Thing 342 on February 07, 2016, 12:51:05 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=weather+blacksburg+va

That's pretty cool. Never seen that before. Clicked the link and got this:

Quote from: realjd on February 11, 2016, 11:14:25 PM
Quote from: SignGeek101 on February 11, 2016, 07:18:02 PM

I was going to ask C or F, but at -40 they're the same.

I intentionally omitted the units there.

sammi

Rothman

8°F here currently and headed for a high of just under 30.  Tomorrow, they're saying single digits with a significant wind chill.  Going to dip into the negatives Saturday night, but they're saying we'll hit 47°F on Tuesday. :D
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: sammi on February 12, 2016, 01:21:02 AM

I hate when the weather brings celebrities showing off.

ET21

20 degrees and cloudy now, expecting a new snow dump Sunday into Monday (2-4 inches). Next weekend could see a decent warmup to the upper 40s
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

KEVIN_224

New Britain, CT had about 6 F/-14 C at sunrise. It was all of 14 F/-10 C at 9:30 AM Eastern. Supposed to be below zero F tomorrow night into Sunday. :(

SteveG1988

Cold, with a high chance of continuing cold.
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

kkt

Chilly, mostly cloudy, showers with a 100% chance of continuing showers for the foreseeable future.

cl94

Wind chills here expected to get down to -40 this weekend. I thought I got away from that constant high wind crap when I left Buffalo.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

xcellntbuy

Sunny, clear and 54 degrees.  A nice day for the military cadet parade in Milledgeville, GA.

CNGL-Leudimin

What an unseasonable weather are having there, the forecast temps for tomorrow is 89/63...

No, wait, that is the result of the basketball match I've just attended. Now for actual weather: It has been raining all day long. And Winter is finally coming starting Sunday afternoon, maybe even with snow (in my area it snows once a year).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

SignGeek101

kkt

Quote from: SignGeek101 on February 12, 2016, 07:26:11 PM
Quote from: sammi on February 12, 2016, 01:21:02 AM
(crazy weather pic snipped)

I don't know why that happens:

Not my pic.

Wow, that's pretty chilly even for the Great White North.

noelbotevera

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.