News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Lewis and Clark Bridge between Longview, Washington, and Rainier, Oregon

Started by Amaury, October 11, 2022, 07:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amaury

Does anyone know the name of the road between the Washington-Oregon border and the US Route 30 junction in Columbia County, Oregon? Washington State Route 433 runs from Industrial Way in Longview at a junction with Washington State Route 432 to the Oregon border in the middle of the bridge. Google Maps incorrectly shows Washington State Route 433 going to the US Route 30 junction when it ends in the middle of the bridge. And there's no Oregon Route 433 there–there's not a numbered Oregon route there at all–so I'm trying to figure out the name of the road from the southern terminus of WA 433 at the state border to the junction with US 30.
Quote from: Rean SchwarzerWe stand before a great darkness, but remember, darkness can't exist where light is. Let's be that light!

Wikipedia Profile: Amaury

Alps

Bruce

Oregon just considers the whole thing to be the ramps off US 30 / Lower Columbia Highway 2W. Nothing to really write home about.

xonhulu

At one time, Washington couldn't wait until the center of the bridge to post 433 shields, but had this shield right at the southern end of the bridge proper:

I believe it is gone now.

ylekot

I've always been supportive of making the Oregon side OR-433, just like we have OR-52 connect to ID-52 in Eastern Oregon.
Mike Wiley

e.mike.wiley@gmail.com

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Amaury

Quote from: ylekot on October 13, 2022, 12:15:14 PMI've always been supportive of making the Oregon side OR-433, just like we have OR-52 connect to ID-52 in Eastern Oregon.

Or US 433, but I won't get into it too much here.
Quote from: Rean SchwarzerWe stand before a great darkness, but remember, darkness can't exist where light is. Let's be that light!

Wikipedia Profile: Amaury

Flint1979

Quote from: xonhulu on October 11, 2022, 11:46:06 PM
At one time, Washington couldn't wait until the center of the bridge to post 433 shields, but had this shield right at the southern end of the bridge proper:

It could be because the State of Washington owns the bridge.

xonhulu

Quote from: Flint1979 on October 13, 2022, 04:06:26 PM
It could be because the State of Washington owns the bridge.

Exactly right. Although the two states have split the cost on several maintenance projects, including replacing the entire bridge deck section-by-section, Washington state owns the bridge.

There's little need for Oregon to have their own OR 433 route shields on their short section.  Instead, it would be nice if ODOT acknowledged WA 433 on their signage on US 30.  Maybe also a "TO WA 433" sign on the bridge approach.  For that matter, they could also mention "TO I-5" on the signs. Especially since Washington has "TO US 30" signs all around the Longview-Kelso area, even way out on I-5.

ErmineNotyours

Quote from: xonhulu on October 11, 2022, 11:46:06 PM

It is gone now.  Thanks for the picture.  It looked to me like an off-model Washington shield assembly that Oregon made.

sp_redelectric

Quote from: xonhulu on October 14, 2022, 12:44:33 AM
There's little need for Oregon to have their own OR 433 route shields on their short section.  Instead, it would be nice if ODOT acknowledged WA 433 on their signage on US 30.

Years ago in Walla Walla, WSDOT had signs on U.S. 12 stating "SR 125 To OR 11" with an Oregon state shield.  However for whatever reason they've been removed.  So there is precedent for such even though Oregon 11 is a good 5 1/2 miles from U.S. 12.

So it seems logical that the sign could easily read "SR 433 to I-5".  Or if there's really that much opposition, call it U.S. 30 Spur.  (Since there's a U.S. 95 Spur.)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.