News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I-68 (National Freeway)

Started by jwags, February 21, 2010, 12:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skluth

Quote from: Mr_Northside on October 14, 2014, 03:55:42 PM
Quote from: TheKnightoftheInterstate on October 13, 2014, 05:44:57 PM
For a naïve traveler, who doesn't, well I just pray there isn't an accident caused by the trickery.

Huh?
What kind of accident would there be???   Someone without a GPS/Atlas/Any kind of pre-trip planning sees the "Ohio and West" sign, takes I-68 - and when it ends at I-79 and they're not in Ohio (or west), they decide to come to a complete stop in the middle of the interstate out of frustration causing rear-end accidents?  That sounds ridiculous.
Or, when I-68 ends - not in Ohio- they don't know what to do and end up so lost, and refusing to find somewhere for bathroom breaks, end up having an "accident"??

While the the navigation value of the sign is up for discussion, I feel pretty confident it won't directly lead to any accidents (certainly nothing worthy of prayer).

Someone much smarter than me once said something to the effect "Never underestimate the stupidity of the American public." I'd like to think Mark Twain, but it was more likely PT Barnum.

wphiii

Quote from: NE2 on October 13, 2014, 07:09:14 PM
If Pennsylvania wanted to be dicks, they'd put something on I-95 southbound saying 'alternate route to Baltimore: take US 322 west to US 1 south'.

Not that Chester Co really needs the help.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.