AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Author Topic: US 377 Detour: 1970's Style Shields Direct Drivers to Non-Viable Detour Route  (Read 2332 times)

Brian556

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 11:18:44 PM

Argyle/Denton, TX: TxDOT is widening the portion of US 377 (Ft Worth Dr) from I-35E south to FM 1830. These detour assemblies are needed when they close the road at night in order to work on demolition of the old UPRR bridge. The detour route utilizes FM 407, IH 35W, IH 35E.

The closures are only at night, but these assemblies remain up in the daytime. Today, TxDOT decided to close the northbound entrance ramp from FM 407 to I-35W during the day. This is part of the detour route. That means these signs direct drivers off of an open road onto a non-viable detour route. Smart.

DSC_0026 by Brian Kosich, on Flickr

US 89

• Your friendly neighborhood meteorologist

• Last Login: February 23, 2024, 09:23:28 AM
    • Utah Highways

I'm interested in how the flashing yellow arrow works in the left-turn signal above, given that it's a 5-section signal.

Brian556

I'm interested in how the flashing yellow arrow works in the left-turn signal above, given that it's a 5-section signal.

Hmmmm...didn't pay any attention to that...there are 5-light FYA setups like that everywhere around here...I'll have to pay more attention and let you know

Edit: I think its: Left to Right: Red Arrow, Red Arrow, Yellow Arrow, flashing Yellow Arrow, Green Arrow
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 06:50:04 PM by Brian556 »

US 89

• Your friendly neighborhood meteorologist

• Last Login: February 23, 2024, 09:23:28 AM
    • Utah Highways

Hmmmm...didn't pay any attention to that...there are 5-light FYA setups like that everywhere around here...I'll have to pay more attention and let you know

Edit: I think its: Left to Right: Red Arrow, Red Arrow, Yellow Arrow, flashing Yellow Arrow, Green Arrow

Oh it's just a double red. Neat.

-- US 175 --

• Location: Somewhere between north-central and east-central TX
  • Last Login: March 18, 2024, 06:04:38 AM

I haven't seen any signal assembly street blades that are black-on-white in a long time, if ever.

You're right Brian, sounds like a crazy detouring process.

Brian556

I haven't seen any signal assembly street blades that are black-on-white in a long time, if ever.

You're right Brian, sounds like a crazy detouring process.

I've seen tons of new white street name signs in recent times. Many cities just started using them in all of their cities or sometimes just downtown.

On ground-mount assemblies in Argyle, black blades with white letters mark city roads, and the colors are reversed for state roads. Allen uses black blades with white letters in their downtown

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.