AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: AR 10 Bypass Proposal in Greenwood  (Read 2999 times)

TheArkansasRoadgeek

• The Dude

• Last Login: May 13, 2021, 08:47:30 PM
AR 10 Bypass Proposal in Greenwood
« on: November 12, 2019, 05:31:10 PM »

Greenwood has had in the works a traffic relief bypass since 1996, now it seems it is becoming a reality!

ArDOT has been conducting a study to determine feasibility, now that has been green lit, the state has been collecting in-field survey data.

There is just something not right about the preliminary map though.

Link

More info to come as I find and can access it. There is a document on ArDOT's FTP server if you wish to read it. Please post notable contents of the study. I can't open .pdf or other documents reliably on my shit box iPhone 4S.
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

The Ghostbuster

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 11:02:06 PM
Re: AR 10 Bypass Proposal in Greenwood
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 04:46:47 PM »

Given the short length of the bypass, I wonder how much relief the bypass would provide. If I were designing a bypass of Greenwood, I'd have it bypass Greenwood entirely, as well as give it connections with the nearby four-laned US 71 (and possibly future Interstate 49, once its built).

TheArkansasRoadgeek

• The Dude

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 01:10:58 AM »

Given the short length of the bypass, I wonder how much relief the bypass would provide. If I were designing a bypass of Greenwood, I'd have it bypass Greenwood entirely, as well as give it connections with the nearby four-laned US 71 (and possibly future Interstate 49, once its built).
Greenwood doesn't have the population or urban development for a link into I-49 to be feasible (IMO). Maybe if their projected growth pays off, but it still won't be anything like Fort Smith.

MikieTimT

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 03:39:18 PM
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 10:40:18 AM »

Greenwood doesn't have the population or urban development for a link into I-49 to be feasible (IMO). Maybe if their projected growth pays off, but it still won't be anything like Fort Smith.

If I-49 ever does carry south of the current US-71 termination down past Rye Hill, then it'll go a fair amount west of the current US-71 routing.  US-71 will function as the connector to Greenwood for a while after since it's already 4 laned well past that point.  Greenwood would pretty much be grown into the south side of Ft. Smith along US-71 by the time that actually happens in all likelihood.

US71

• Road Scholar , Master of Snark

• Mad man with a camera

• Last Login: April 06, 2023, 10:39:02 PM
    • The Road Less Taken
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 08:07:38 PM »

The AR 10/10S junction is a clusterf*ck  IMO
https://goo.gl/maps/anTnA8Kj8Y9hc42p6
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

TheArkansasRoadgeek

• The Dude

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 08:25:34 PM »

I looked through a PDF presentation by ArDOT and it does still seen odd how they would rather do this bypass than acquire ROW to put in a dedicated right turn by the middle school by the east side convince store. Or, maybe widen that area, along with heading west. From what I read, their last study of the area was back in 2007. That policy needs an update...

bugo

• The Devil has arrived!

• Last Login: March 15, 2024, 08:22:28 PM
    • No Frills Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 04:22:46 AM »

This isn't really a bypass, it is mainly a downtown bypass or a relocation. A lot of it will have to be elevated over the floodplain which could get expensive.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.