News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Kohl's to drop Chaps brand

Started by Pink Jazz, February 17, 2021, 03:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webny99

Quote from: 1 on February 18, 2021, 03:00:29 PM
Quote from: webny99 on February 18, 2021, 02:59:11 PM
I'm a person that dresses very simply for the most part, and I don't believe in the concept of trying things on.

Trying things on is mainly just to make sure it's not too large or small.

Yes, I know, and I feel that dressing simply and sticking to just a few brands for the most part eliminates the need to do that. (I get that things are very different for women than men in this regard... but that's a topic for another day.)

jakeroot

Quote from: formulanone on February 18, 2021, 03:04:03 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on February 17, 2021, 05:12:54 PM
Quote from: SectorZ on February 17, 2021, 03:37:06 PM
Quote from: kphoger on February 17, 2021, 03:33:23 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 17, 2021, 03:16:22 PM
People still shop at Kohl's?

Yes.  Once every four years, for something specific, at the suggestion of a casual friend, with a coupon.

Half their foot traffic now is people returning Amazon stuff.

Bingo. And you get a 15% of coupon when doing so, so I actually end up shopping at Kohls more than you'd think. I got two pairs of jeans from them recently, and saved a good chunk with existing sales at the store.

Huh, it was 25% pre-pandemic. Tough to get upset at a store waving a discount at you for a mistake they didn't make! So roughly twice a year, I'll buy something from them.

(Never mind, on the internet someone will find a way to be upset about this.)

I was struggling to remember whether it was 15% or 25%. It may be 25%, and I failed to recall.

I only wrote 15% because I seem to remember going to return something like a month ago, and I was expecting the percent-off to be more than it was. They may have changed it recently.

kphoger

Quote from: webny99 on February 18, 2021, 03:16:44 PM

I'm a person that dresses very simply for the most part, and I don't believe in the concept of trying things on.

Yes, I know, and I feel that dressing simply and sticking to just a few brands for the most part eliminates the need to do that. (I get that things are very different for women than men in this regard... but that's a topic for another day.)

I'm guessing you're also not over six feet tall.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on February 18, 2021, 03:32:34 PM
Quote from: webny99 on February 18, 2021, 03:16:44 PM

I'm guessing you're also not over six feet tall.

Actually, I'm 6'3". I have heard of very tall people that have trouble finding stuff that fits, but I guess I'm not one of those people. I'm also not afraid to just buy a slightly bigger size when in doubt.

kphoger

Quote from: webny99 on February 18, 2021, 03:36:09 PM
Actually, I'm 6'3". I have heard of very tall people that have trouble finding stuff that fits, but I guess I'm not one of those people. I'm also not afraid to just buy a slightly bigger size when in doubt.

mmfffphhhhmmmmpbmmmffphh

* kphoger takes his foot out of his mouth.

I've recently started caring more about clothes actually fitting.  I used to go the baggy route, which is easy to do if you're tall and skinny.  But I now prefer clothes that fit my body style better.  Those are harder to come by.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on February 18, 2021, 03:38:12 PM
I've recently started caring more about clothes actually fitting.  I used to go the baggy route, which is easy to do if you're tall and skinny.  But I now prefer clothes that fit my body style better.  Those are harder to come by.

I'm not that skinny and just a big person in general, so baggy isn't an issue for me. I can't stand baggy jeans though.  X-(

jakeroot

I've been put in a tough situation the last twelve months. I'm about 5' 10", so not overly tall. But my BMI has dropped from over 33 to about 26; in other words, I've lost a lot of weight. This has meant finding lots of new clothes to fit me. I'm fitting into waist sizes that I haven't seen in my closet for years. This means that I can finally wear things like straight-fit jeans. But the problem is that I'm having to try things on again! It reminds me of being a young teenager again. I can really only count on medium-size shirts fitting me. Jeans are totally random: length anywhere from 30 to 32, and waist size around 29-32; I have to try on everything. I even began to realize that my underwear doesn't fit, so my wardrobe is now almost entirely online-purchased stuff.

As it relates to the thread: I've been buying a lot of stuff at Kohl's as I can always count on them to have stuff on sale.

kphoger

Quote from: jakeroot on February 18, 2021, 04:46:06 PM
I even began to realize that my underwear doesn't fit

Archaic and unnecessary article of clothing.   ;-)
Male pronouns, please.

jakeroot

Quote from: kphoger on February 18, 2021, 05:09:10 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on February 18, 2021, 04:46:06 PM
I even began to realize that my underwear doesn't fit

Archaic and unnecessary article of clothing.   ;-)

Oh, I have learned the art of going commando quite well :-D

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Scott5114

Quote from: kphoger on February 18, 2021, 03:38:12 PM

I've seen it pointed out that one of the reasons rich people tend to look better than poor people is because rich people have the money to have even their casual clothes tailored to fit their body. I'm envious because no matter what, it seems like my waistline is destined to be an odd number (before the pandemic, it was 35" for years), and jeans usually only come in even-numbered waist sizes.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Rothman

Quote from: kphoger on February 19, 2021, 09:58:55 AM
Quote from: Rothman on February 18, 2021, 09:25:02 PM
Wipe well, then.

Do you not do that anyway?
The risk for skid marks seems to increase exponentially if you go commando...
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

kphoger

Quote from: Rothman on February 19, 2021, 01:35:53 PM

Wipe well, then.

Hmmm.  Apparently, I'm more skilled with toilet paper than the average roadgeek.   :hmmm:

On the other hand....

Quote from: Stephen King,  "It"
"This wise man," Richie said, "told me this: 'No matter how much you squirm and dance, the last two drops go in your pants.' ..."
Male pronouns, please.

snowc

Quote from: kphoger on February 19, 2021, 02:04:34 PM

Wipe well, then.

Hmmm.  Apparently, I'm more skilled with toilet paper than the average roadgeek.   :hmmm:

On the other hand....

Quote from: Stephen King,  "It"
"This wise man," Richie said, "told me this: 'No matter how much you squirm and dance, the last two drops go in your pants.' ..."
too much information.  :colorful: :colorful:

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

jakeroot

Wipe well, then.

I suppose that depends whether you have IBS or not. I rarely use more than 4 to 6 sheets :-D

SectorZ

WTF dark turn did this thread take?

BTW, does Chaps make assless ones? Asking for a friend.

kphoger

Quote from: SectorZ on February 19, 2021, 03:30:50 PM

Would solve the aforementioned skid mark problem.
Male pronouns, please.

SectorZ

Quote from: kphoger on February 19, 2021, 03:53:01 PM
Quote from: SectorZ on February 19, 2021, 03:30:50 PM

Would solve the aforementioned skid mark problem.

I believe only the cheeks see daylight in them.

hbelkins

My sister-in-law worked at a Kohl's when she was in college, and I never heard her complain much about working conditions.

I have bought clothes at Kohl's in the past, but it has to be a good sale before I'll shop there, because I think they're a bit pricey otherwise.

I have to try on most clothes (pants especially) to ensure they fit. I'm a bigger fellow, as those of you who have met me in person known. I was up to 325 pounds at one point, but I had lost down to about 275 a few years ago. In 2019, I lost 60 pounds and was within 20 pounds of my weight when I graduated from high school. All my pants, especially the ones I wear to work were too big and falling off me. I was getting ready to go shopping for pants when everything shut down last spring. But as I mentioned in a different thread, due to various factors including a really bad case of hypothyroidism, I gained that weight back. It's probably a good thing I didn't invest a bunch of money in new, smaller clothes.

I've found that many brands of pants vary tremendously in size, so I do better when I try them on. I'd much rather have clothes that are just a bit too big, vs. ones that are too tight. I'll gladly wear a shirt that's a size or two too big.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jmd41280

This is a bummer. I pretty much live in Chaps sweaters during the colder months of the year, as they are by far the most comfortable for me. Kohl's is the only place around me that sells them, as the nearest Belk's to me would be either Parkersburg, WV or Hagerstown, MD. In non-pandemic times, I typically prefer to shop for clothing in person as I can try on what I want to get. Thankfully, I already know which size fits me best so ordering online will work out.
"Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around!"

STLmapboy

Chaps? Like the assless kind? :-P

I've never stepped foot in a Kohl's and kind of doubt that I ever will.
Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

Pink Jazz

Quote from: STLmapboy on February 20, 2021, 10:39:15 PM
Chaps? Like the assless kind? :p

I've never stepped foot in a Kohl's and kind of doubt that I ever will.

No, Chaps is the lower cost brand of Ralph Lauren.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.