News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

The worst beer you’ve ever had?

Started by OCGuy81, February 24, 2021, 06:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OCGuy81

We've discussed the great array of microbrews on here before, but what is some swill that you remember drinking, likely as a combination of youthful indiscretion and/or economic necessity.

I was at a 7/11 getting coffee and a guy in front of me was buying Mickey's. It instantly brought up horrible memories of my college years and drinking that shit.     X-(

That might be the worst I ever had, maybe tied with Icehouse.

Max Rockatansky

I've drank a lot of custom brews but nothing quite matched the skunky taste of a Coors Light.  I don't know why but that's pretty much the only I beer I ever struggle to finish.

OCGuy81

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 24, 2021, 06:35:42 PM
I've drank a lot of custom brews but nothing quite matched the skunky taste of a Coors Light.  I don't know why but that's pretty much the only I beer I ever struggle to finish.

Interesting. That's the only of the "cheap, available nearly anywhere " beers I can tolerate. Bud Light always tastes metallic to me and gives me an awful headache

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: OCGuy81 on February 24, 2021, 06:43:19 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 24, 2021, 06:35:42 PM

Interesting. That's the only of the "cheap, available nearly anywhere " beers I can tolerate. Bud Light always tastes metallic to me and gives me an awful headache

It must be a subjective thing because I can tolerate anything Budweiser puts out there, same with Miller.  Coors Light always tasted like it had been skunked out to me, not so much with regular Coors.   

NWI_Irish96

Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

OCGuy81

Quote from: cabiness42 on February 24, 2021, 06:49:44 PM
Milwaukee's Best Light

Damn you! Years of therapy trying to suppress memories of The Beast all for nothing! 😂😂

1995hoo

Drax from Romania. Neat label with a vampire. Horrible beer. I wound up pouring it down the toilet.

The worst non-skunked domestic beer I've had may have been Lone Star. I was born in Texas, so my father bought a six-pack of it the weekend after I graduated from high school. We all agreed it was awful and smelled like dishwater. Doesn't stop me from wearing my "Lone Star–National Beer of Texas" belt buckle, though.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

JayhawkCO

I'll go with either Rolling Rock or Fat Cat. 

Chris

interstatefan990

Dogfish Head IPA is just disgusting to me for some reason.
Multi-lane roundabouts are an abomination to mankind.

Rothman

I have never drank beer.

Great Value or Hires Root Beer are pretty bad, though.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

KeithE4Phx

Foulstuff... er, I mean Falstaff.  The Choicest Product of the Brewer's Fart (a parody of their 1960s TV ads).  This stuff was so bad, despite being a major brewer until the 1980s, it sold for $4 a case (as cheap as it got in that era). 

A friend of mine back then used to brew his own beer.  He bought cases of Falstaff and just dumped the "beer" down the drain.  It wasn't even worth drinking them.  It was cheaper to do that then buy a case of bottles from the brewery supply store.
"Oh, so you hate your job? Well, why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called "EVERYBODY!" They meet at the bar." -- Drew Carey

renegade

Quote from: jayhawkco on February 24, 2021, 07:09:35 PM
I'll go with either Rolling Rock or Fat Cat. 

Chris
I liked Rolling Rock.  Never tried Fat Cat.

For me, the absolute worst was Little Kings.  Nasty going down, a hundred thousand times worse coming back up.

Sometime in the last few years, I have learned my lesson in life ... leaving the alcohol on the shelf.

:awesomeface:
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

ozarkman417

For legal reasons, I foresee this thread being bumped a couple times in the next few years.

jp the roadgeek

Quote from: OCGuy81 on February 24, 2021, 06:51:37 PM
Milwaukee's Best Light

Damn you! Years of therapy trying to suppress memories of The Beast all for nothing! 😂😂

Juvie Brew :sombrero:  Between that and Natty Ice
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

OCGuy81

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on February 24, 2021, 08:56:30 PM
Quote from: OCGuy81 on February 24, 2021, 06:51:37 PM
Milwaukee's Best Light

Juvie Brew :sombrero:  Between that and Natty Ice

Natty Ice + beer bong = regret😁

Flint1979

I dunno how other people can have a taste for this but Blue Moon, I can't stand the taste of it.

STLmapboy

I have a very limited experience, but I remember Natural Light tasting somewhat nasty.

Or am I not supposed to answer this question...?
Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

jeffandnicole

I'm not an IPA person, so any of those beers could be the worst for me. Or anything with a high ABV.

TheHighwayMan3561

Keystone Ice. I'm not much an alcohol drinker because I don't like the taste, but that was my first college experience.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

davewiecking

Quote from: interstatefan990 on February 24, 2021, 07:10:53 PM
Dogfish Head IPA is just disgusting to me for some reason.
IPA's definitely have a unique taste, especially the 90's, but there was a reason why they were brewed that way. 2 centuries ago. Some beers that are OK on a hot summer afternoon don't work while watching football in December, and vice versa. I'm not a fan of Porters at any time.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: jeffandnicole on February 25, 2021, 12:00:47 AM
I'm not an IPA person, so any of those beers could be the worst for me. Or anything with a high ABV.

I can tolerate a high ABV if I like the taste of the beer, but I'm with you on IPAs. I went to a place once that had beer from a dozen different microbreweries, and they were all IPAs. The only other option was Coors Light and that's what I got.

My IBU sweet spot is 20-35.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Takumi

Worst I can think of off the top of my head was when a local brewery was running a contest where two groups of the non-brewing employees (the bartenders vs the cooks) made their own beers. The cooks' beer was like a cookies & cream white stout, and was awful.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

kevinb1994

Quote from: Flint1979 on February 24, 2021, 09:11:39 PM
I dunno how other people can have a taste for this but Blue Moon, I can't stand the taste of it.
My dad keeps that in the fridge. Of course, like myself, he's not much of a drinker.

I myself stay away from beer for the most part. I prefer sangria.

kphoger

All beer.  It's a dead tie for last between every beer I've ever had.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

jemacedo9

Quote from: OCGuy81 on February 24, 2021, 06:22:28 PM
I was at a 7/11 getting coffee and a guy in front of me was buying Mickey's. It instantly brought up horrible memories of my college years and drinking that shit.     X-(
My first college drunk experience was due to Mickey's...aah...that takes me back...and not a good aaah...

IC (Iron City) Light out of Pittsburgh is my worst contender...quarter-draft ($0.25) nights...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.