Bids opened for SH 114 main lanes west of Roanoke

Started by MaxConcrete, April 04, 2023, 08:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

Quote from: armadillo speedbump on April 13, 2023, 04:40:40 PM
Drove the new section of Haslet Pkwy this weekend west from I-35W/170 to the also just opened Intermodal Pkwy southern extension.  HP is 45 mph 4-lane divided, with a wide median to accomodate future lanes. IP is inexplicably only 40 mph, but also 4-lanes divided.  HP has been graded but not paved west of IP.

The bigger news is that there's finally evidence of the phase 2 of Haslet Pkwy making progress on the western end of the project.  Utility relocation has begun in the ROW at School House Rd and along Avondale-Haslet Rd all the way to the curve past the RR tracks.  'Work Zone' signs are up on both Avondale-Haslet and 156.  Couldn't find an indication if it will be a simple widening on AH Rd or the grade separation at the RR tracks will be included.  I'd guess just widening.  Don't know if the Dec. 2024 projection for completion of phase 2 is still realistic, but at least there's finally some work going on.

There is also more sporadic utility work along Avondale-Haslet Rd west of there to the new section near Walmart that was widened.  I don't know if that is because the separate widening project here will soon get underway or if it is just efficiently doing some of the utility relocation at the same time as the eastern project.  And it looks like most of the utilities relocations needed along AH Rd have not been started.

Meanwhile, the never ending expansion of Blue Mound Rd south of US 287 continues to inch forward at a snail's pace.

There will be a grade separation on Avondale-Haslet Rd at the RR

MaxConcrete

www.DFWFreeways.com
www.HoustonFreeways.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.