News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7/8

Quote from: jakeroot on July 14, 2016, 12:49:29 AM
Quote from: SignGeek101 on July 13, 2016, 10:54:48 PM
That's what I miss about living in Ontario. I love humidity and heat

I was surprised by this response too!  :-D

They're forecasting another hot and dry week here in Southern Ontario. Has anyone else been having an unusually hot and dry summer?

ET21

Had a line of storms bout an hour ago, expecting more later but with heat and humidity in the meantime
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

SignGeek101

Quote from: SignGeek101 on July 13, 2016, 10:54:48 PM
That's what I miss about living in Ontario. I love humidity and heat, so I dig that type of stuff (just not at night). I remember the humidex (humidity index for you Americans) getting to 45 (113 F) one year; we just moved in to our new house, and there wasn't AC.

Well, I guess I can say I am happy now. I had my super hot and humid day today. Temps got to 31 C (88 F) with high humidity (humidex was 44, 111 F).

Paid for it though with severe weather later in the day. Tornadoes west of the city, but just heavy rain here.

Bruce

80s and sunny here. It really feels like summer now.

kkt

28 celsius and sunny.  Beautiful evening.

Zeffy

For some reason, it can downpour for an hour+ but the heat and humidity refuse to break. It's been oppressive to step outside for the past three days now...
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

paulthemapguy

Saturday I was at an outdoor Coldplay concert in downtown Chicago.
A severe thunderstorm warning was issued, and it was justified by the ensuing heavy downpours and super gusty winds.  That postponed the 7pm concert until 2 hours later.  Then at 10:30, one of the worst deluges I've seen started happening.  Chris Martin was like "it's raining; let me check with the officials...Okay they said to evacuate the stadium; let's play one more song!"  And he didn't care and just started playing it anyways, like a champ.  He was mystified by how all the Chicago people were so cheerful and responsive even though the weather was nuts.  The audience was like "yeah, whatever, another severe thunderstorm" lol.  Driving home soaked still sucked.  The stairs down to the parking garage were a waterfall.
3-4 inches of rain fell in the near north suburbs...downtown chicago got like 1.5"
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

7/8

Thunderstorms in Kitchener, though my dog doesn't seem as scared as she used to be during storms :)

pumpkineater2

Really big/severe thunderstorms here in Arizona tonight.
Come ride with me to the distant shore...

noelbotevera

Quote from: paulthemapguy on July 26, 2016, 10:45:44 AM
Saturday I was at an outdoor Coldplay concert in downtown Chicago.
A severe thunderstorm warning was issued, and it was justified by the ensuing heavy downpours and super gusty winds.  That postponed the 7pm concert until 2 hours later.  Then at 10:30, one of the worst deluges I've seen started happening.  Chris Martin was like "it's raining; let me check with the officials...Okay they said to evacuate the stadium; let's play one more song!"  And he didn't care and just started playing it anyways, like a champ.  He was mystified by how all the Chicago people were so cheerful and responsive even though the weather was nuts.  The audience was like "yeah, whatever, another severe thunderstorm" lol.  Driving home soaked still sucked.  The stairs down to the parking garage were a waterfall.
3-4 inches of rain fell in the near north suburbs...downtown chicago got like 1.5"
You are so much like me. Thunderstorm? No problem. Lightning only a mile away from me, that's really loud? No problem! Being soaked? No problem!!!

kkt

Last night flying over Utah or maybe Colorado a big lightning storm.  A little bit of a bumpy ride, and we flew kinda close to the ground.  High mountains?  Anyway, lightning flashes a couple of times a second for as long as the center of the storm was in view.

Back in Seattle, just hot, no lightning here.

CNGL-Leudimin

We got to 104 F today as wind turned from SE to the damn SW. Now it has proceeded to NW, so tomorrow will be cooler.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

epzik8

Partly cloudy, but not too far away in Ellicott City, Maryland is a flood disaster zone.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

pumpkineater2

More big storms moving in tonight. Unlike most people, I actually want a severe storm to come and pummel my neighborhood.
Come ride with me to the distant shore...

JMoses24

A sticky 77° (feeling like 78°) at the Hamilton, OH airport, with heavy rain moving towards the area and a Flash Flood Watch in effect. Expecting several days of straight rain.

Bruce

90 degrees and sunny. Way too warm.

kkt

7/8

We got a pretty good down pour in the range of 50-100mm of rain, and thunderstorms. They also issued a tornado warning, though that's now been lifted.

SignGeek101

Getting cooler here in Winnipeg (we've passed our high for the summer). Nights are noticeably cooler now. It won't be long before the trees start changing colour (yes, here they start in late August or early September).

3web

Right now in my town, it's 10:22 PM and 88 degrees outside.
That's pretty cool because it's normally still about 90 something degrees.
Who knows where the road goes? Of course! Google maps!

wxfree

The weather is incredibly nice here near Fort Worth.  We expect lows in the low to mid 70s and highs in the upper 80s to low 90s for the next week, along with clouds and a chance of rain.  For August, this is miraculously pleasant weather and for much longer a time than we could even hope for.  Normally, hoping for one day of weather like this is at the edge of reason.
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

Bruce

Heat wave is starting to roll in. 95F at Sea-Tac Airport, with higher temperatures being reported in the city proper.

Desert Man

105-115F range varies in the Coachella valley and 15-35% range of humidity, mountain storms and partly cloudy (hopefully, rain falls in the wildfire zone of Cajon pass).

And I didn't forget today is my 8th wedding anniversary, so I'm goin out tonight with my dear lovely wife.   :wave: Love U, Natalia!
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

7/8

Today has a high of 21C (69F), which is a nice change from the hot summer we've had in Kitchener. I can actually open up my bedroom windows without overheating my room :)

kkt

Seattle weather has changed from late summer pattern to fall pattern.  Late summer pattern being clear during the day, clouds coming in at night then clearing in the morning.  Now the maritime air dominates, drizzle to light rain all day.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.