News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Las Vegas 2017 shootings

Started by JJBers, October 02, 2017, 09:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

Quote from: inkyatari on October 06, 2017, 10:05:53 AM
I'm very pissed that the conspirisheep came out almost immediately with the "government coverup-false flag" bullshit.

It shouldn't surprise me at this point.

I hate conspirisheep.

Alex Jones again. Why is that shocking when he's been sued by two companies like Comet Ping pong and Chobani their attorneys went after Jones for spreading false allegations to these two companies specifically.

http://www.newsweek.com/alex-jones-deep-state-behind-las-vegas-attack-676016

This article by Newsweek backs your argument here about Alex Jones allegations on the Strip mass shooting.

bing101

Quote from: roadman on October 06, 2017, 10:17:07 AM
Quote from: bing101 on October 05, 2017, 07:54:54 PM
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stephen-paddock-room-hotel-lollapalooza-2017/

Update reportedly the mass murderer was going to do a Mass shooting in Chicago and Boston too?

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/local-news/las-vegas-gunman-planned-escape-sheriff-says/826472685

No, authorities CLAIM the mass murderer was considering Chicago and Boston as possible targets, but apparently discounted them for unknown reasons.  Big difference there.

And a pro tip for anyone following things like this where the media is grasping at straws to keep the story alive.  If you see phrases like "The official was not authorized to discuss the case publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity after being briefed on the investigation", just ignore what they're reporting.  Why?  Because you're dealing with a media outlet engaging in insider trading.  May be legal per the First Amendment, but its sole purpose is to boost media profits, and IMO is highly unethical.

Well I noticed that the national news looked Chicago and Boston too for some reason and they later said that mass murderer never went there but supposedly got a room there. Well all we know at this point is that downtown districts of large cities are going to have to reconsider how security is done during special events and sporting events.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: bing101 on October 06, 2017, 11:41:00 AM
Quote from: roadman on October 06, 2017, 10:17:07 AM
Quote from: bing101 on October 05, 2017, 07:54:54 PM
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stephen-paddock-room-hotel-lollapalooza-2017/

Update reportedly the mass murderer was going to do a Mass shooting in Chicago and Boston too?

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/local-news/las-vegas-gunman-planned-escape-sheriff-says/826472685

No, authorities CLAIM the mass murderer was considering Chicago and Boston as possible targets, but apparently discounted them for unknown reasons.  Big difference there.

And a pro tip for anyone following things like this where the media is grasping at straws to keep the story alive.  If you see phrases like "The official was not authorized to discuss the case publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity after being briefed on the investigation", just ignore what they're reporting.  Why?  Because you're dealing with a media outlet engaging in insider trading.  May be legal per the First Amendment, but its sole purpose is to boost media profits, and IMO is highly unethical.

Well I noticed that the national news looked Chicago and Boston too for some reason and they later said that mass murderer never went there but supposedly got a room there. Well all we know at this point is that downtown districts of large cities are going to have to reconsider how security is done during special events and sporting events.
They say this, but do they ever go for it? No, too much time and resources and all that costs $$$!
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

roadman65

This guy seems to be more than your run of the mill psycho, however it will be interesting to see where this all leads to.   He must of had others with him plan it out and he seemed to have done his homework and too many little things that are there.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: roadman65 on October 06, 2017, 03:40:00 PM
This guy seems to be more than your run of the mill psycho, however it will be interesting to see where this all leads to.   He must of had others with him plan it out and he seemed to have done his homework and too many little things that are there.
I think a lot of people though he just went there and shot people, but it does seem to be premeditated.

roadman65

Well see.  I know it will be a rocky road ahead. The investigators will uncover it sooner or later, but the speculators in the meantime will cause havoc.  We already have the gun control issue sparked again and people on both sides of that debate arguing the merits of that one, taking the focus off what really needs to be done.

Sheryl Crowe

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: roadman65 on October 06, 2017, 03:51:21 PM
Well see.  I know it will be a rocky road ahead. The investigators will uncover it sooner or later, but the speculators in the meantime will cause havoc.  We already have the gun control issue sparked again and people on both sides of that debate arguing the merits of that one, taking the focus off what really needs to be done.
As far as gun control goes, I can't believe there are people wanting to take it away, I mean the same people want this country distroyed! Be grateful that you can voice your opinion and have a roof over your head! Damn, and to think Civics taught me that our country is great because we're "free"! We will never truely be free until we can all find a common resolution to our petty problems.

roadman65

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on October 06, 2017, 05:00:21 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on October 06, 2017, 03:51:21 PM
As far as gun control goes, I can't believe there are people wanting to take it away, I mean the same people want this country distroyed! Be grateful that you can voice your opinion and have a roof over your head! Damn, and to think Civics taught me that our country is great because we're "free"! We will never truely be free until we can all find a common resolution to our petty problems.
History changes over time, but its called progress or evolution.  However, the both sides of the spectrum admit they do not like the way things turned out and try to blame the other side.

I admit gun control sounds good and many should not have access to weapons who actually do.  The problem is all the legislation in the universe will not stop the whole guns from being out there.  Plus the weapons used here were illegal to begin with (unless some right wing reporter is just saying this to win the war with CNN or MSNBC) but I would think not that someone can access these style weapons would be impossible the legal way as they serve no purpose other than warfare which a private citizen would not have a need for.

The problem I have is the families should have time to mourn and all before some people start using this tragedy to further their agenda.   Yes we need to address this issue, but now its the police and FBI that need to find out what and why before we go on a crusade to end guns.  And No I do not believe that Obama and Cuomo want to end all guns  in the manner that some talk radio hosts are putting it, that they want to declare marshal law and by removing the second amendment is the main reason why the Left is doing that.   That is as bad as Sharpton saying the Tea party is the same as the Al Quada which is what you get when you follow your party too close and except that might is right.  Choose a party, but think for yourself and don't believe in your ideas cause Joe up the street says they're okay.

Sheryl Crowe

7/8

My family went to Disney World in August and we couldn't believe how bad the security was! At Universal Studios, everyone had to pass through metal detectors. But at Disney, at some of the parks you didn't need to go through a metal detector! At Animal Kingdom, people without bags simply didn't need to be checked whatsoever.

At Epcot, a kid pushing a stroller asked his dad whether he needed to go through the metal detector and the dad said "kids don't need to be checked". Since when? And the security guards let the kid and the stroller pass through without being checked! What if there was a gun or bomb in there?

I really hope that Disney steps up the security, because it seems like an obvious target, and currently it seems like an attack would be too easy to pull off.

bing101

Quote from: inkyatari on October 06, 2017, 10:05:53 AM
I'm very pissed that the conspirisheep came out almost immediately with the "government coverup-false flag" bullshit.

It shouldn't surprise me at this point.

I hate conspirisheep.

http://politics.blog.mystatesman.com/2017/10/03/alex-jones-explains-las-vegas-its-all-about-alex-jones/

Its Alex Jones he plays that card in every mass shooting in the USA.

qguy

Quote from: roadman65 on October 06, 2017, 07:04:00 PM
And No I do not believe that Obama and Cuomo want to end all guns  in the manner that some talk radio hosts are putting it, that they want to declare marshal law and by removing the second amendment is the main reason why the Left is doing that.   That is as bad as Sharpton saying the Tea party is the same as the Al Quadra...

Don't be so quick to say the left doesn't want to take away all guns.

New York Times op-ed columnist: Repeal the Second Amendment

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/opinion/guns-second-amendment-nra.html?rref=collection%2Ftimestopic%2FGun%20Control&action=click&contentCollection=timestopics&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=21&pgtype=collection&referer=https://www.nytimes.com/topic/subject/guns-and-gun-control

New York Times contributing op-ed writer The Cancer In the Constitution

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/06/opinion/second-amendment-cancer.html?rref=collection%2Ftimestopic%2FGun%20Control&action=click&contentCollection=timestopics&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=10&pgtype=collection&referer=https://www.nytimes.com/topic/subject/guns-and-gun-control

Perhaps not Obama and Cuomo per se, but certainly the left. Sometimes liberal-progressives are actually honest about what they want to achieve.

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things that you think you could not do before." --Rahm Emanuel, while U.S. Representative and Chair of House Democratic Caucus (Wall Street Journal interview, 19 Nov 2008)

US71

Getting too political. This is not the place to point fingers.

Discussion closed.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.