News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Best Snack Crackers

Started by roadman65, August 21, 2019, 07:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What snack (Vending Machine) cracker do you like best?

Lance
0 (0%)
Keebler
1 (7.7%)
Frito Lay
2 (15.4%)
Generic Brands
1 (7.7%)
Other brands
9 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

roadman65

I was wondering if anyone prefers one  snack cracker over the other and which one makes the best.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

kevinb1994

Quote from: roadman65 on August 21, 2019, 07:09:57 PM
I was wondering if anyone prefers one  snack cracker over the other and which one makes the best.
I'm not a big cracker fan these days since moving to Florida (pun not intended), but we get those Frito-Lay and Snyder-Lance commercials like crazy here. Haven't had any recently though.

hotdogPi

Triscuit (which should be a Nabisco product, but there's no mention on the box)
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

jp the roadgeek

Quote from: 1 on August 21, 2019, 07:14:54 PM
Triscuit (which should be a Nabisco product, but there's no mention on the box)

Sure there is
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

hotdogPi

The design changed recently. It no longer includes the "Nabisco" label.

You can see both here:

From https://groceronamission.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/img_2348.jpg?w=1632
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Max Rockatansky

I'm always up for a bag of Cheez-it. 

bandit957

Nabisco had a line of crackers consisting of Sociables, Vegetable Thins, Chicken-in-a-Biskit, and a bacon one too. They used to be good, but back in 2001, they changed all of them so now they're nasty. They all taste like cardboard now.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

hbelkins

Am I the only one that calls all varieties of sandwich snack crackers "Nabs" regardless of what brand they are?

I'm not as big a fan of Lance (sorry Bugo) as I am Austin. Ritz has some good Nabs. Their crackers are a bit saltier than some others. Ritz has a tasty cheese & bacon cracker out now that I like, but can't find in my area.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bandit957

Lance made a bubble gum too, but I've never seen it in person. The only time I've seen it was in the 'Guinness Records Primetime' TV show when a woman used it to blow huge bubbles with her nose.

english si

Jacob's (specifically Mini Cheddars). And typically (though I'm happy enough with far cheaper generic equivalents, so mostly eat them) that brand is best, IMV, for non-snack crackers too.

I'd perhaps go with Frito Lay if I wanted chips (translated into EnAm from English English) - didn't even realise they did crackers (they do here too) - but prefer other brands with Walkers Crisps only winning out really on the variety of flavours widely available. Ritz (which are Nabisco) are alright, but I wouldn't particularly snack on them, as opposed to have them with cheese or other crackery things.

As for vending machines, I'm struggling to think of the last time I used them, especially for something that wasn't a beverage.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Wheat Thins for me....well, used to be. I haven't tried any of the "snack crackers" in 3-4 years now.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

bandit957

I remember there used to be one called Sesame Wheats, and we used to call them Sesame Streets.

Mark68

Garlic Butter Ritz

Also, I still enjoy Deli-Style Rye Triscuits. However, I prefer to make Triscuit Nachos (TM) out of them.
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."~Yogi Berra

cjk374

Quote from: 1 on August 21, 2019, 07:29:28 PM

You can see both here:

The picture above is a shot of boxes full of turds. The nastiest food on this planet.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

formulanone

Cheez-its Grooves > every other cracker

index

Quote from: cjk374 on August 22, 2019, 07:31:07 PM
Quote from: 1 on August 21, 2019, 07:29:28 PM

You can see both here:

The picture above is a shot of boxes full of turds. The nastiest food on this planet.
I second this. Their mere existence is a crime against humanity and the morally bankrupt individuals who still choose to sell them must be given life sentences in prison.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

hbelkins

LOL at the non-GMO nonsense. Any hybrid fruit or vegetable is genetically modified.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bandit957

Anyone remember the Sesame Wheats commercial from about 1979? It was just a bunch of people singing, "Sesame Wheats...snack crackers!" I recall that they were hanging off a train or something. Whenever that commersh came on, someone would inevitably sing, "Sesame Street...snack crackers!"

I don't think it's on YouTube.

webny99

Good:
Triscuit
Club
Town House
Cheez-It Grooves

OK:
Cheez-It
Wheat Thins
Chikin-in-a-Biskit
Ritz

tolbs17

index

Quote from: hbelkins on August 23, 2019, 11:37:34 AM
LOL at the non-GMO nonsense. Any hybrid fruit or vegetable is genetically modified.
As well as...pretty much anything you eat. By virtue of selective breeding, everything we're eating that was once alive has had their genetics influenced by humans. Chickens and cows were selectively bred to be larger and yield more meat with less feeding and care. Corn and broccoli don't exist in the wild because we created them. In fact, the plant we developed broccoli from, we also developed kale, cabbage, and cauliflower from. Its original form looks absolutely nothing like any of those vegetables. Pretty much all livestock and crops are GMOs, which makes the whole anti-GMO thing, as you said, nonsense.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

LM117

I always liked Better Cheddars, though I can't exactly plow through "˜em like I used to ever since my blood pressure became an issue over the last few months.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

bandit957

Modern GMO's weren't even permitted until the mid-'90s.

kphoger

Quote from: webny99 on August 23, 2019, 02:05:28 PM
Good:
Triscuit
Club
Town House
Cheez-It Grooves

OK:
Cheez-It
Wheat Thins
Chikin-in-a-Biskit
Ritz

I'm on board with this list.  You bring the crackers, I'll provide the cheese and wine!
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on August 23, 2019, 09:05:28 PM
Quote from: webny99 on August 23, 2019, 02:05:28 PM
Good:
Triscuit
Club
Town House
Cheez-It Grooves

OK:
Cheez-It
Wheat Thins
Chikin-in-a-Biskit
Ritz

I'm on board with this list.  You bring the crackers, I'll provide the cheese and wine!

I was going to have a "bad" category, then decided you can't really go wrong with crackers.
I could definitely list some bad cheese though, and probably wine too. I might pass if blue cheese or American slices are on the menu.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.