News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Hanging road signs on the wall

Started by 1995hoo, August 27, 2019, 04:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1995hoo

Anyone have any recommendations for the best way to hang road signs on the wall? The sign I want to hang is a standard-size diamond-shaped yellow warning sign and I want to hang it in our garage. The wall is drywall. My initial thought is to put two drywall screws or rawl plugs into the wall, then mount the sign to those using more standard screws, but I wonder if there's a more secure method.

The sign is roughly similar to the one below. We saw a bunch of these on a trip to Ontario and my father liked them so much, he ordered one from a shop in Toronto. It hung in his garage for many years until he took it down to paint the wall and to repair the ceiling and he never hung it back up. He died last month and my mom and brother agreed I could have the sign to hang in my garage in his memory.

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

MNHighwayMan

I just use drywall screws. Nothing has ever fallen down on me.

But if you want to be more secure than that, drywall anchors are a good option.

Max Rockatansky

I just put a picture nail in both mounting holes, I've never had an issue and I have about 50 up in my garage.  I had a 5.6 magnitude earthquake recently and nothing ended up moving. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.