News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Major wind storm in the northern plains and great lakes

Started by SSOWorld, October 25, 2010, 07:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSOWorld

Snow, severe thunderstorms, 60 mph wind gusts - possible hurricane force gusts on Lake Michigan and Lake Superior. 

lake shore cities (Milwaukee, Chicago, Green Bay, Escanaba, Marquette, etc, will feel the full force off the lakes - and the waves too.

ouch
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Andrew T.

I may have to drive through this to Green Bay tomorrow morning.  Wish me luck...
Think Metric!

BigMattFromTexas

On Saturday there was a tornado warning here, by 1:00pm it was sunny and felt good... We got like 2-3" of rain! :happy:
BigMatt

SSOWorld

well they just issued a massive tornado watch - covering from the Missouri/Arkansas border up to Iowa/Minnesota border and from Des Moines/Kansas Border to Springfield/Rockford.  It includes the Quads, St Louis, Springfield IL AND MO, Des Moines, Dubuque and Madison.  I would imagine this is the first of many as the storm moves east.  The wind has started to pick up - 20-25 mph where I am.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Our weather guy here in C-bus is going bonkers over this storm. Possible tornadoes, hurricane force winds (not to mention the gail warnings for the great lakes), and historicly low pressure (Barometric Pressure as I type this is still 29.6).
Time will tell.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

PAHighways

I'm under a slight risk of severe weather for tomorrow.  I'll believe it when I see it considering the last few times thunderstorms were forecast, the weather was sunny with hardly a cloud in the sky.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

I think it'll be sunset, or close to, when the front gets to Pittsburgh. Its supposed to be parallel to I-71 at mid-afternoon (3-4 PM)
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Adam Smith on October 25, 2010, 11:57:55 PM
I think it'll be sunset, or close to, when the front gets to Pittsburgh.

Yep.  The forcasters here are predicting it to arrive around 5PM.

mightyace

We're having some nasty winds here in Tennessee now and for the last 12 hours.

There was also a tornado within 15 miles of my house Sunday night.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Chris

There is currently a blizzard warning for much of North Dakota.

NWI_Irish96

Just got back to my desk from an hour of shelter-in-place.  Confirmed tornado touchdown about 3 miles from my office.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

PAHighways

TheHighwayMan3561

Duluth missed out on all the fun - all we've had is steady, light rain for three days in a row. Winds aren't anything special for the time of year. That said, we could get some snow later this week.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

mightyace

I was in Cool Springs Galleria about 90 minutes ago and they announced a tornado warning.  (Williamson County, TN)

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=13387812

QuoteThe National Weather Service issued tornado warnings for Southeastern Rutherford County, Northwestern Coffee County and Bedford County until 2 p.m.

The NWS also issued tornado warnings for Northwestern Dekalb County, Northeastern Rutherford County, Southwestern Smith County and Southeastern Wilson County until 1:15 p.m.

There was also tornado warnings issued for Northwestern Smith County, Trousdale County, Western Macon County, Southeastern Sumner County, Southeastern Williamson County, Rutherford County, Northeastern Marshall County and North Central Wilson County. It expired at 1 p.m.

A tornado warning for Maury County, Southeastern Williamson County, Southwestern Rutherford County, Northern Marshall County and Northwestern Bedford County was in effect until 12:30 p.m.

The Williamson County Sheriff's Office confirmed Sneed Road had a tree down. There was also a wire down on North Chapel Road. Both roads are open.

The NWS issued a tornado warning for Maury County, Lewis County, Lawrence County and Giles County until 12 p.m.

No tornado touchdowns were reported by 12 p.m. as the storms closed in Nashville on Tuesday.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

6a

I was driving through S. Bloomfield, OH right as the storm came through.  I saw the most beautiful wall cloud I've ever seen, but I didn't have a damn camera with me.  Been through a few hurricanes and this reminded me of some of those, great shit all around.

rickmastfan67

Man, it didn't do much here.  15 minutes tops and then it was over. :-D

froggie

The storm has set all-time low pressure records in Minnesota and Wisconsin.  Though the official tally isn't out yet, the lowest I've been able to find on the US side of the border was 956.1mb at International Falls, MN at 21Z (4pm CDT).

PAHighways

Quote from: PAHighways on October 25, 2010, 11:56:00 PMI'm under a slight risk of severe weather for tomorrow.  I'll believe it when I see it considering the last few times thunderstorms were forecast, the weather was sunny with hardly a cloud in the sky.

Make that the fourth forecast in a row since August calling for storms which resulted in a pleasant day aside from the wind this time.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.