News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

How do you define the Midwest?

Started by hotdogPi, August 17, 2018, 07:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flint1979

For Arkansas, I have only been to that state three times. I entered from Missouri on I-55 and thought that area around there felt Midwestern to me, once I got to the outskirts of Memphis and onto Little Rock I started feeling like I was in the South. I think of it as being in the South but not the Deep South like I already said in a previous post but the NE corner feels Midwestern. And as far as Missouri goes that's Midwestern for sure. The part out by Springfield and Joplin feels more like a combination of Oklahoma, Missouri itself and Kansas.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: Flint1979 on November 16, 2023, 05:33:55 PM
For Arkansas, I have only been to that state three times. I entered from Missouri on I-55 and thought that area around there felt Midwestern to me, once I got to the outskirts of Memphis and onto Little Rock I started feeling like I was in the South. I think of it as being in the South but not the Deep South like I already said in a previous post but the NE corner feels Midwestern. And as far as Missouri goes that's Midwestern for sure. The part out by Springfield and Joplin feels more like a combination of Oklahoma, Missouri itself and Kansas.

Sure, but then get down by Thayer/West Plains and Missouri is more like West Virginia.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.