News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Post pictures of your cats

Started by Alps, January 15, 2014, 09:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

Duke87

Well, we just got a bit more normal by internet standards. :P Kitties!

I love cats but having one of my own seems like more trouble than it's worth, so I don't.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

sammi

Quote from: Duke87 on January 15, 2014, 10:02:24 PM
I love cats but having one of my own seems like more trouble than it's worth, so I don't.

Yup. Besides, I can't really have pets in my apartment.

And yet #206 has a dog. I always feel like dogs will bite me. I don't like dogs. :no:

bugo

Cats are really easy to take care of.  Feed them, water them, change their litter, and love them.  That's all they really ask for.

Takumi

Cars is one letter away from cats.

The one I picked up this weekend. Quite possibly the last Prelude ever made, judging by its production date.

Also my dog, who acts like a cat sometimes
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Alps

Quote from: bugo on January 15, 2014, 11:00:01 PM
Cats are really easy to take care of.  Feed them, water them, change their litter, and love them.  That's all they really ask for.
Most cats prefer if you don't water them directly, though.

briantroutman

Duke87

Quote from: bugo on January 15, 2014, 11:00:01 PM

Add to that list: pay extra in rent for the privilege of having one, take them to the vet and pay for that, don't live in any apartments that don't allow them, don't stay at any hotels that don't allow them, find someone to sit them every time you go on vacation, make sure they don't get out, make sure there's nothing in your apartment they can knock over or screw up and curse when they inevitably do, constantly struggle in vain to clean their fur and dander off of everything, kick them out of the bedroom at night and close the door so they don't bother you while you sleep...

It could be a lot worse, though. You could have a dog. Or a young child.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

wxfree

I always knew I liked cats more than dogs, but really understood why until several years ago, when watching a small dog chase a cat.  The cat gracefully and elegantly ran in front of a fireplace, disturbing nothing in her path, while the dog clumsily knocked down everything he came near while trying to catch the cat.  The cat made careful and nuanced movements, while the dog made brutish and beastly movements.  This wasn't my cat, but she showed me the elegance of the feline nature.  Here's mine, wearing a pretty ribbon

I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

CNGL-Leudimin

I don't have any cats, but some relatives have. Here is the cat that is currently my avatar on Twitter. Proceed with caution, he likes to bite :sombrero:.

Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

SidS1045

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow

Laura

Tom aka Tommy Boy aka Mr. McKitty

iPhone

hotdogPi

Now can anyone add funny text to the picture of their cat (as part of the picture)?
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

vdeane

Quote from: Duke87 on January 15, 2014, 10:02:24 PM
Well, we just got a bit more normal by internet standards.
Not quite.  No captions in LOL cat speak.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Alps

"No, we're not related at all, why do you ask?"

"Wasn't me. HE's the one who farted!"

"Trash? Nuh-uh. You're not throwing out these chicken bones until I get a look."

"I approve of your handi-cat accessible fountain."

Scott5114

Quote from: wxfree on January 16, 2014, 01:36:02 AM
I always knew I liked cats more than dogs, but really understood why until several years ago, when watching a small dog chase a cat.  The cat gracefully and elegantly ran in front of a fireplace, disturbing nothing in her path, while the dog clumsily knocked down everything he came near while trying to catch the cat.  The cat made careful and nuanced movements, while the dog made brutish and beastly movements.

You've been hanging out with the wrong dogs, then. My border collie is always careful and nuanced–when he's in a tight space, for instance, rather than risking knocking anything down trying to turn around, he will carefully reverse out of the space. This is made all the more impressive by the fact that he's a fairly big dog (75 pounds).
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

oscar

Here's one of my big white cat Punk, which I had until he died in 1999:

I renamed him Punk because, while always nice around people, he played rough with other cats.  While he might've thought he was just being playful with other cats too, since Punk was 16 pounds when I acquired him from my ex-boss, the other cats interpreted that as having the crap beat of them.  That included her other cat, so they had to be separated.   

My condo rules allow only one pet, but given Punk's history I didn't feel guilty about having him as an only cat.  Next time, though, it'll have to be at least two cats.   (That plus no more white cats -- not good when they shed all over the red corduroy cushions on my furniture, which I bought just before taking in Punk.  I prefer black cats anyway.)  That will have to wait until I can move to a bigger and more pet-friendly place, and also I stop hitting the road so much.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

wxfree

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 17, 2014, 03:40:33 AM
Quote from: wxfree on January 16, 2014, 01:36:02 AM
I always knew I liked cats more than dogs, but really understood why until several years ago, when watching a small dog chase a cat.  The cat gracefully and elegantly ran in front of a fireplace, disturbing nothing in her path, while the dog clumsily knocked down everything he came near while trying to catch the cat.  The cat made careful and nuanced movements, while the dog made brutish and beastly movements.

You've been hanging out with the wrong dogs, then. My border collie is always careful and nuanced–when he's in a tight space, for instance, rather than risking knocking anything down trying to turn around, he will carefully reverse out of the space. This is made all the more impressive by the fact that he's a fairly big dog (75 pounds).

The clumsy one I referred to is a Dachshund.  It seems to me that bigger dogs tend to be more graceful.  My cousin's Great Dane is quite careful.  Of course, if he weren't, he'd cause all kinds of damage to property and injuries to people.  I still find cats to be more graceful, but the larger dogs give them some competition.
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

Jardine

Friend of mine had a rescued greyhound.  Very graceful and elegant dog. 

Totally bat sh*t crazy too.

DaBigE

Quote from: Jardine on January 17, 2014, 11:40:48 PM
Friend of mine had a rescued greyhound.  Very graceful and elegant dog. 

Totally bat sh*t crazy too.

I have a friend like that too, except the great dane they also rescued is just a bit crazier than their greyhound rescue.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

SSOWorld

Variety of shots of the Kit Kat - various locations in the U.S. (Platteville, Valencia, Utah, Cedar Rapids)  - Those who have me as a friend on Facebook have seen these before.

The full set

Guinevere in Cedar Rapids by ssoworld, on Flickr

Mouse Pointer by ssoworld, on Flickr

Cat on chair 3 by ssoworld, on Flickr

Supervising from above by ssoworld, on Flickr

Showering?  Ok, I'm joining you! by ssoworld, on Flickr

Her new pillow - my iPad by ssoworld, on Flickr
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

bugo

Carter:

Tweek (Carter's littermate):

Chloe:

bugo

Quote from: oscar on January 17, 2014, 05:08:09 AM
Here's one of my big white cat Punk, which I had until he died in 1999:

I renamed him Punk because, while always nice around people, he played rough with other cats.  While he might've thought he was just being playful with other cats too, since Punk was 16 pounds when I acquired him from my ex-boss, the other cats interpreted that as having the crap beat of them.  That included her other cat, so they had to be separated.   

My condo rules allow only one pet, but given Punk's history I didn't feel guilty about having him as an only cat.  Next time, though, it'll have to be at least two cats.   (That plus no more white cats -- not good when they shed all over the red corduroy cushions on my furniture, which I bought just before taking in Punk.  I prefer black cats anyway.)  That will have to wait until I can move to a bigger and more pet-friendly place, and also I stop hitting the road so much.

My cat Chloe is half white, and the only time she sheds is when she sheds her summer coat and her winter coat.  Otherwise she doesn't shed at all.  Her fur is soft like a rabbit's.

US 41

I happen to have 3 cats. They are all barn cats however. I love cats, but they all have to stay outside because if I'm around a cat for more than 2 minutes I will be sneezing for the next 10 minutes. I have to say that my favorite indoor pet is a mini lop rabbit. At least I'm not allergic to rabbits thank goodness.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

cpzilliacus

Quote from: Steve on January 15, 2014, 09:34:44 PM

Looks like they were having a meeting to discuss priorities for the coming day.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.