News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Game: Where in the USA is this?

Started by kurumi, July 03, 2023, 09:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurumi

https://pudding.cool/games/where/  (not my creation)

You're shown five geo-tagged images from the same location (+/-), one at a time. Place a pin on an unlabeled map of the CONUS to guess where it is. It will tell you how far away you are.

Today's puzzle was accidentally road-related: two of the photos were bridges.

Photos might be indoor or outdoor: one of them was a meeting of union reps with a politician.

My guesses ended up being:
#1: bridge, head-on; 241 miles away
#2: 9 white people in an old-fashioned room; no clue there, but random guess got to 19 miles away
#3: dam and spillway. guessed 23 miles away
However, now I have 2 sides of a triangle and the site is on a river somewhere
#4: different bridge, side view. 0 miles away.

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Hunty2022

Just did it. I didn't read the instructions before playing, so I thought it was multiple locations. I will definitely play this more.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

TheHighwayMan3561

I got the general location within 40 miles, but couldn't finish.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

JREwing78

Yeah, I was within 43 miles at the end. It's addictive..

SM-G991U

vdeane

I got 36 miles on today's.  Might have been able to do better, but I got tripped up on the map scale, which implied that 500 miles was a lot less distance than it actually is.  It was only after making two guesses that should have been closer then my second guess and actually turning out to be farther away that I went further out from my initial and got lucky.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Mapmikey

i took a stab and got 5.7 miles.

formulanone

Quote from: Hunty2022 on July 03, 2023, 09:45:27 PM
Just did it. I didn't read the instructions before playing, so I thought it was multiple locations. I will definitely play this more.

I did the same thing on the first one. Played a few back in time and scored a hit in the last try (4th back) and then second try (5th, easy but familiar for once).

Images are from Wikimedia Commons, so there's a few familiar names...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.