News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Through girder bridge?

Started by bugo, November 14, 2014, 02:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

Are there any through girder bridges extant? I'm not talking about pony girder bridges: these are very common. I'm looking for bridges with bracing on top of the bridge superstructure that connects the girders on each side of the bridge so that traffic goes "through" the bridge. There are no overhead braces on a pony bridge.

SteveG1988

Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

roadman65

I believe the pedestrian bridge that once crossed NJ 120 in East Rutherford between the former Brendan Byrne Arena and the former Giants Stadium, did qualify at the time.  I cannot remember the exact design, though many foot bridges now are being built inside the box that is the entire girder system for aesthetic purposes.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Alps

Roadman: Just stop believing. That flimsy motherfucker had nothing going for it. It swayed when 4-year-old me kicked the side.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.