News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Most Beautiful Bridge

Started by Voyager, January 18, 2009, 08:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

I don't think anyone has mentioned the Blue Ridge Parkway's Linn Cove Viaduct in Avery County, North Carolina.

Images of the viaduct under construction (late 1970's and early 1980's) from the FHWA's Web site:

Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

tvketchum

http://www.michigan.gov/mdot/0,4616,7-151-9620_11154_11188-29665--,00.html

Besides the Mackinac Bridge, the Cut River Bridge is an excellent structure, elegant, and fitting it's locale. It has often been described as "a million dollar bridge over a nickle river".

cpzilliacus

The bridge that carries the Md. 200 (ICC) toll road over the Rock Creek (yes, the same creek that runs through the District of Columbia) is an attractive structure, but most motorists have never seen it from the side (click link below for Washington Post article from 2011 with image).

ICC aesthetics: Earth tones, arches and more that motorists might not notice
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.