Easy national-level highways to clinch

Started by epzik8, August 31, 2016, 06:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparker

One wouldn't instinctively think of "easy clinches" and Texas in the same thought, but US 96 can be clinched in less than a day.  Same with US 57, of course -- but the problem with that one is the distance involved getting TO the route, not over it!  Oh -- US 181 -- at least you stand a good chance of finding some above-average food at either end, the termini being in decent-sized cities!

jbnati27

Quote from: freebrickproductions on September 02, 2016, 03:04:50 PM
Just about any 3di would count for that matter, as they're all relatively short.
I would agree. I did take a drive to Columbus just to clinch I-270 as a teenager. Later I did I-275 around Cincinnati. I also had insisted I-189 was the way we needed to go to see Lake Champlain in Vermont, just to clinch it.

oldparoadgeek

I-83 between Harrisburg PA  and Baltimore is only about 90 miles. US 113 in Md and DE is only about 75 miles' a lot of it 4 lane; but not a freeway.Also US 48 is about  80-85 miles in WV and VA.  The western end leaves you pretty much in the middle of nowhere and seems like its going to be a LONG time until it is finished!!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.