News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

How to post image?

Started by SoDakInterstateEnthusiast, April 15, 2020, 04:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoDakInterstateEnthusiast

When I click insert image button it puts this in: [.img][./img] (execpt without the periods) what do i put in the middle of those two deals to insert the image
"Please like, comment, and share on MySpace, not your space, you freak of nature"

hotdogPi

The URL of the file. Make sure it ends in .png, .jpg, or similar; if you put the link into a browser, it should show the image and just the image.

You cannot upload an image directly from your computer; you need to use something like Flickr.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

1995hoo

If you don't have a place to host images online but you do have a mobile device or tablet on which the picture is stored, you can download the Tapatalk app and use it to access the forum. Tapatalk can host your photo. I usually access the forum via the browser, but I use Tapatalk when I want to upload a picture that isn't already online somewhere else.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

ozarkman417

Tapatalk will also notify you about new posts on threads and boards you are subscribed to, though from my experience those notifications are delayed by as much at 30 minutes.

If we had the ability to upload our own photos to the forum, this would take up an enormous amount of space the server may not have, slowing the forum down (I'm looking at you, ROAD SIGN UNO).

hotdogPi

Quote from: ozarkman417 on April 15, 2020, 05:15:38 PM
If we had the ability to upload our own photos to the forum, this would take up an enormous amount of space the server may not have, slowing the forum down (I'm looking at you, ROAD SIGN UNO).

I have the ability to do so. I'm not sure how it's determined who gets access to the gallery.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

"Please like, comment, and share on MySpace, not your space, you freak of nature"

ozarkman417

OK, This may be a bit lengthy.
We will start at the image screen.

Circled in red is the 'share' button. Click it. Then there should be four options: Share, embed, Email, and BBCode. you will want to select BBCode. There, you can select the size of your image (don't make it too big, as it will take up a lot of space on the screen here). Copy the text in the BBCode box, you should get a result similar to this (click 'quote' to inspect the code):

Screenshot (4608)_LI by ozarkman417, on Flickr

In the case you want to remove all that information on the side, you can remove most of the BBCode text, narrowing it down to just to the link between the [.img] and [./img] text.

1995hoo

Quote from: ozarkman417 on April 15, 2020, 05:15:38 PM
Tapatalk will also notify you about new posts on threads and boards you are subscribed to, though from my experience those notifications are delayed by as much at 30 minutes.

The Web interface can do that too if you click the "Notify" option located at the top or bottom of a thread. Difference is, Tapatalk does it automatically when you post to a thread. You can turn it off in Tapatalk by tapping the icon at the top right of the screen that looks like a paper bookmark, or the next time you use the Web interface you can click "Unnotify."
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Quote from: ozarkman417 on April 15, 2020, 11:55:21 PM
OK, This may be a bit lengthy.
We will start at the image screen.

Circled in red is the 'share' button. Click it. Then there should be four options: Share, embed, Email, and BBCode. you will want to select BBCode.

I only got options for "Email" and "Share" when I pressed that, never "BBCode" or "Embed".

ahh yes, got it now :) thanks

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.