News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Signs that RIP

Started by Ian, January 27, 2009, 09:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takumi

I saw this old Maximum Safe Speed assembly several times over the years when I would drive to Richmond, but I finally got a picture of it back in May. When I drove by it a few weeks ago, it had been replaced with a modern assembly. The gore sign is alive and kicking.

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Ian

It's not a signal, but here is a 2008 photo of mine of the old VA 28/Frying Pan Road intersection in Herndon, VA before it was turned into a trumpet interchange:

Even though the new interchange is nice and was needed, I miss these old signals.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Stephane Dumas

A-10 between Montreal and Sherbrooke have a couple of old big blue signs back from the time when it was tolled. However the signs of Exit 115 R.I.P since the reconfiguration of the interchange. http://www.alpsroads.net/roads/qc/a-10/

Dr Frankenstein

Exit 118 WB as well, since this summer. :(

Takumi

This sign had an extremely short lifespan. It existed for about 2 weeks in August, and was destroyed when someone crashed into it. It just lay there for a few days in the ditch before someone finally took the remains away. The blue exit tab was what originally caught my attention.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

ctsignguy

Some classic Connecticut wood that is no longer with us.... *holds hat to heart in moment of silence*

Photo taken 9/08, replaced as of 8/08...and gone forever

Photo in 9/08, safely resides in my collection now

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.