News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Suncoast Parkway

Started by roadman65, March 22, 2018, 08:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke87

My own musing on SR 589 is that traffic counts at the north end are so low, it ends at a stop sign and this functions perfectly fine.

This seems to be a pretty good indication it already goes further then it really needs to. Though I can certainly appreciate the "another way out in the event of a need for evacuation" angle on it.

On that note... has that signal at the north end ever been switched on when evacuations are called for? Or has it been doing nothing but flashing since the road was extended up there?
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

edwaleni

Quote from: Duke87 on August 22, 2019, 05:26:58 PM
My own musing on SR 589 is that traffic counts at the north end are so low, it ends at a stop sign and this functions perfectly fine.

This seems to be a pretty good indication it already goes further then it really needs to. Though I can certainly appreciate the "another way out in the event of a need for evacuation" angle on it.

On that note... has that signal at the north end ever been switched on when evacuations are called for? Or has it been doing nothing but flashing since the road was extended up there?

Seems like they aren't waiting.  Construction on the extension overpass is well underway.

Gnutella

That's because it doesn't connect to anything. It's the same reason why the two toll highways under construction in the Pittsburgh area still have rather low traffic counts, because they don't connect to anything yet. If the Suncoast Parkway connects to I-75, or even I-10, then more traffic will use it.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Gnutella on September 03, 2019, 07:34:52 PM

That's because it doesn't connect to anything. It's the same reason why the two toll highways under construction in the Pittsburgh area still have rather low traffic counts, because they don't connect to anything yet. If the Suncoast Parkway connects to I-75, or even I-10, then more traffic will use it.

It would end up being a popular choice over US 301, hence more traffic who just wish to avoid the surface highways. 

The Ghostbuster

Wikipedia states a new interchange is proposed to be built at CR-524 (Ridge Rd.), which will be between Exits 19 and 27. Does anyone know when/if this interchange will be built, and in what configuration?

NE2

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on September 04, 2019, 02:47:54 PM
Wikipedia states a new interchange is proposed to be built at CR-524 (Ridge Rd.), which will be between Exits 19 and 27. Does anyone know when/if this interchange will be built, and in what configuration?
No.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

D-Dey65

Quote from: NE2 on September 05, 2019, 07:29:20 PM
Quote from: The Ghostbuster on September 04, 2019, 02:47:54 PM
No.
I know it's supposed to be a diamond interchange. I also know they're going through with the construction of the Ridge Road Extension, so whenever it gets close to meeting the Suncoast is more than likely when the interchange will be built.

BTW, I finally drove the Suncoast north to US 98 and south to County Line Road without the toll booths. All the sign gantry tubes have had their toll related signs torn down, and at least one was removed and tossed on the side of the road. Only the SunPass Lane near the Oak Hammock Toll Plaza is opened northbound, and the southbound lane goes straight through as usual. The toll booths at SR 50 aren't operational but they're still standing. The toll booths at County Line Road, on the other hand are demolished.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.