News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Driving around Seoul yesterday

Started by austrini, August 14, 2018, 07:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austrini

Got the chance to ride around Seoul the other day and I took a few pictures in case anyone is interested.

https://imgur.com/a/koMX2lA

Everything is very well signed, lots of route numbers all over. Traffic was heavy but always moved at least 20 kph. Got the chance to ride up to the DMZ as well. The freeways on the west side of the city are lined with barbed wire, cameras, and guard posts. You shed lanes as you get closer to North Korea before the whole thing abruptly ends at a giant military checkpoint. It was pretty neat to see.
AICP (2012), GISP (2020) | Formerly TX, now UK

Alex

So hard to find photos of South Korean roads, thanks for sharing these Justin! Did you get a chance, or will you check out the elevated expressways that run directly over some of the rivers in Seoul? That's such a fascinating way to route a freeway through an urban area to me.

austrini

I didn't see any in Korea, but Japan has tons over canals and rivers.

Seoul is actively demolishing their urban freeways, so I think most of the ones that go over the canals are gone now. At least I missed them all if they exist still.
AICP (2012), GISP (2020) | Formerly TX, now UK

Duke87

How well adhered to was that 80 km/h speed limit? That seems like the sort of thing that might be wildly disregarded but then I gather from the signs that there is photo enforcement.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

jaehak

Nice! Although the picture marked Gangnam isn't Gangnam, that's Jamsil  :-D

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.