AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Paging New Yorkers  (Read 872 times)

ce929wax

• Last Login: September 17, 2021, 08:17:11 PM
Paging New Yorkers
« on: June 11, 2019, 06:19:11 PM »

I had a random thought last night, I was curious as to how many New Yorkers were still fans of the Dodgers and Giants after they moved to California in the late 50s?  I would guess that the youngest of those fans would be born around 1950.  I wonder how many of them are still fans of the Dodgers or Giants or if a lot of New Yorkers feel betrayal because they moved to California.

kevinb1994

• Last Login: Today at 05:27:32 PM
Re: Paging New Yorkers
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 06:32:04 PM »

I had a random thought last night, I was curious as to how many New Yorkers were still fans of the Dodgers and Giants after they moved to California in the late 50s?  I would guess that the youngest of those fans would be born around 1950.  I wonder how many of them are still fans of the Dodgers or Giants or if a lot of New Yorkers feel betrayal because they moved to California.

I’m still a fan of the original NY Baseball Giants despite their move to SFO. Not gonna say the same for the original Brooklyn Dodgers, however.

thspfc

• I-180 in Wyoming >>>>> I-70 in Colorado

• Last Login: Today at 02:19:20 PM
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 07:35:50 PM »

Probably some, but a very tiny minority considering the massive fanbase the Yankees have.
Whether a team makes the playoffs isn't comparable to whether they are above .500. Part of making the playoffs is getting the wins when you need them to get in, which Brady/Belichick always found a way to do. That's skill. Being above .500 or below .500 is just however things shake out. That's luck.

Alps

• Everybody Obeys the Octagon

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: October 18, 2021, 11:23:51 PM
    • Alps' Roads
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 08:00:43 PM »

There are still some to this very day, as it gets passed down through families, but it's very small.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.