News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Conference loyalties

Started by hbelkins, December 30, 2019, 09:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck87

I loved seeing Minnesota beat Auburn, and while I'm glad Michigan ultimately lost, it was kinda neat to be able to say "The Little Brown Jug is leading the Iron Bowl at halftime" earlier today. 

I had extra reason to root against Michigan, since with their loss, Ohio State has now passed Michigan in the stat of all time winning percentage. This is actually the 2nd time that's happened this year, as we passed them for the first time ever with the head to head win in November, but briefly fell behind again after losing to Clemson.

texaskdog

Quote from: Buck87 on January 01, 2020, 09:28:48 PM
I loved seeing Minnesota beat Auburn, and while I'm glad Michigan ultimately lost, it was kinda neat to be able to say "The Little Brown Jug is leading the Iron Bowl at halftime" earlier today. 

I had extra reason to root against Michigan, since with their loss, Ohio State has now passed Michigan in the stat of all time winning percentage. This is actually the 2nd time that's happened this year, as we passed them for the first time ever with the head to head win in November, but briefly fell behind again after losing to Clemson.

It is really pathetic in a rivalry when one side overwhelming wins  Come on Michigan you'll always suck until you can beat Ohio State.  Most rivalry games are competitive even when one team wins most of the games.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: texaskdog on January 01, 2020, 09:30:52 PM
Quote from: Buck87 on January 01, 2020, 09:28:48 PM

It is really pathetic in a rivalry when one side overwhelming wins  Come on Michigan you'll always suck until you can beat Ohio State.  Most rivalry games are competitive even when one team wins most of the games.

What incentive does an Ohio State fan have to watch Michigan win a game that has no bearing on their standing?  Likewise I wasn't rooting for Ohio State against Clemson.  I'm good with rooting for most of the Big Ten but Michigan State and Ohio State have always been off the table for me.  Likewise I wouldn't want to see the Packers win on the professional level but I'd be more cool with the Vikings or Bears. 

thspfc

Depends on the team they're playing against. I wanted Auburn to win yesterday because they have the misfortune of being in the same state as a certain other  team. But I wanted Iowa to beat USC because nobody likes USC.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: thspfc on January 02, 2020, 10:42:38 AM
Depends on the team they're playing against. I wanted Auburn to win yesterday because they have the misfortune of being in the same state as a certain other  team. But I wanted Iowa to beat USC because nobody likes USC.

I could conceivably see maybe rooting for a rival if it somehow benefited my team by proxy such as a boost to strength of schedule.  That seems like that is more of a factor in basketball than the four team playoff of college football. 

texaskdog

Quote from: thspfc on January 02, 2020, 10:42:38 AM

Ed Orgeron could have been there coach.  Hilarious!!!!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.