News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Us 231 Closed due to Flooding

Started by US71, February 13, 2020, 11:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

US 231 is closed near Lacey's Spring due to flood damage. No timeline for repairs at this time.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

US 89

Quote from: kevinb1994 on February 13, 2020, 08:45:42 PM
This is sort of related to the name Lacey, I have relatives in and around Lacey Township NJ.

And...this is relevant how?

bdmoss88

formulanone

Quote from: bdmoss88 on March 05, 2020, 09:43:39 AM
ALDOT saying they may have to 'move' the highway away from the damaged area.

https://www.al.com/news/huntsville/2020/03/aldot-may-move-part-of-us-231-away-from-damaged-area.html

I have no idea how and where they're going to move it. Nothing really seems like a quick fix.

Level part of Brindley Mountain? It's a 400-foot climb from the Tennessee River crossing to the top, so that's not going to be speedy, even if there's trouble 70 feet below the surface.

Re-routing it might be an option, but it's going quite out of its original path. Not sure how much of it would have to be elevated with the river nearby, but probably not much. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.