News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

2021 Quad Cities Road Meet

Started by Brandon, March 07, 2021, 03:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best Days for the Quad Cities Road Meet?

Saturday, May 29, 2021 (Memorial Day Weekend)
6 (37.5%)
Saturday, June 5, 2021
11 (68.8%)
Saturday, June 12, 2021
10 (62.5%)
Saturday, June 19. 2021
10 (62.5%)
Saturday, June 26, 2021
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: April 30, 2021, 01:42:38 AM

dvferyance

Has a meeting place been decided yet? The Machine Shed is a good place I have been there many times. Other than that though I have no idea what else is in the Quad Cities.

74/171FAN

Quote from: dvferyance on May 07, 2021, 08:20:34 PM
Has a meeting place been decided yet? The Machine Shed is a good place I have been there many times. Other than that though I have no idea what else is in the Quad Cities.

Yes, unless Brandon changed his mind.

QuoteWe will start and meet for lunch at Credit Island Park in Davenport (BYOL).  Then, we will see the Centennial Bridge, Government Bridge, New and Old I-74 Bridges, the I-80 Bridge, and the Big X Interchange.  Along the way will be the end of I-88, an older US-67 bridge across the Rock River, the Centennial Expressway, and the I-280 Bridge with a stop at the Iowa 80 Truck Stop.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

dvferyance

SSOWorld

Quote from: dvferyance on May 07, 2021, 08:39:56 PM
Ok so what is the place?

I shall redirect you to the topic header...

Quote from: Brandon on March 07, 2021, 03:06:47 PM
The 2021 Quad Cities Road Meet.  Davenport and Bettendorf, Iowa; and Rock Island and Moline, Illinois.

We will start and meet for lunch at Credit Island Park in Davenport (BYOL).  Then, we will see the Centennial Bridge, Government Bridge, New and Old I-74 Bridges, the I-80 Bridge, and the Big X Interchange.  Along the way will be the end of I-88, an older US-67 bridge across the Rock River, the Centennial Expressway, and the I-280 Bridge with a stop at the Iowa 80 Truck Stop.

Please make your vote(s), and like in Chicago, vote early, and vote often.  ;)
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Alps

Quote from: SSOWorld on May 07, 2021, 10:04:42 PM
Ok so what is the place?

The 2021 Quad Cities Road Meet.  Davenport and Bettendorf, Iowa; and Rock Island and Moline, Illinois.

We will start and meet for lunch at Credit Island Park in Davenport (BYOL).  Then, we will see the Centennial Bridge, Government Bridge, New and Old I-74 Bridges, the I-80 Bridge, and the Big X Interchange.  Along the way will be the end of I-88, an older US-67 bridge across the Rock River, the Centennial Expressway, and the I-280 Bridge with a stop at the Iowa 80 Truck Stop.

but what is the place

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: Alps on May 08, 2021, 12:55:37 AM
Ok so what is the place?

but what is the place

I said the name of the place is I Like It Like That
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

signalman

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on May 08, 2021, 01:42:18 AM
Ok so what is the place?

but what is the place

Good reply. I don't think I'd have thought to reply with that. Very fitting.

dvferyance

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on May 08, 2021, 01:42:18 AM
Ok so what is the place?

but what is the place

So basically it's like last year's Sauk Valley road meet. We have to get lunch from someplace and bring it to the meeting spot. The Machine Shed does have take out so that works for me. What time are we meeting?

SSOWorld

I will be present. I don't respond to public Facebook events as I choose not to be a Zucktistic.
Scott O.

Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
Raise your what?

signalman

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Raise your what?

jpi

As much as I hate to say this I may be skipping this meet, I do have a monthly St Louis toy show that Sunday but I will be busy the weekend before with a multi day toy convention here near Nashville and this ay make for a long week for me. Besides I was up in the area exactly a year prior, hope you all have fun and I will be there in spirit
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

kevinb1994

I definitely won't be there, too late for planning now. I have to be with family for a private gathering due to a death in the family (some of you may have seen my post on FB).

oscar

I plan to attend the meet. I'll probably stay for two nights in Muscatine (one county over from Davenport) since I try to boost my "counties where I spent the night" count by booking overnight stays in counties where I haven't stayed before, which means not Davenport's and Moline's counties.

This meet fits into a longer road trip I'm planning.

I'm a Facebook refusnik, so if there's a Facebook event for the meet, I'll be unable to access it. Brandon, please post significant updates, such as the meet start time (not yet posted here), in this thread or by PM and not (just) on Facebook.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

US71

As of now, I'm in. Probably head out Thursday and do some sightseeing on the way. Got a room at the Tom Bodett Inn, but that may change.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Brandon

Quote from: oscar on May 30, 2021, 07:27:38 PM
I plan to attend the meet. I'll probably stay for two nights in Muscatine (one county over from Davenport) since I try to boost my "counties where I spent the night" count by booking overnight stays in counties where I haven't stayed before, which means not Davenport's and Moline's counties.

This meet fits into a longer road trip I'm planning.

I'm a Facebook refusnik, so if there's a Facebook event for the meet, I'll be unable to access it. Brandon, please post significant updates, such as the meet start time (not yet posted here), in this thread or by PM and not (just) on Facebook.

That, I shall do.  I just did a recon trip today for a few things and will have a route ready soon.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

74/171FAN

I am planning to attend this meet. 
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

JREwing78

I am also planning to attend. Watching for more details.

Brandon

Finally got the tour route complete today.  If we finish early, there's a few other things we can do.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19ZEEtxY5jAtzHX-0Ork0YFCQhVK8bR8a/view?ths=true
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

US71

Quote from: Brandon on June 07, 2021, 09:14:47 PM
Finally got the tour route complete today.  If we finish early, there's a few other things we can do.

Access denied.

Brandon

US71

Quote from: Brandon on June 07, 2021, 10:16:47 PM
Quote from: US71 on June 07, 2021, 09:33:42 PM

Access denied.

Let's try this again.  Wish there were some other way than Googlesucks to do this.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y1feHmd3YFLQbScKSpnHNqI47ev6pAVn/view?usp=sharing

There is another way, but I'm nt sure what it is, offhand.

hbelkins

Quote from: US71 on June 08, 2021, 02:17:37 PM
Quote from: Brandon on June 07, 2021, 10:16:47 PM
Quote from: US71 on June 07, 2021, 09:33:42 PM

Access denied.

Let's try this again.  Wish there were some other way than Googlesucks to do this.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y1feHmd3YFLQbScKSpnHNqI47ev6pAVn/view?usp=sharing

There is another way, but I'm nt sure what it is, offhand.

Dropbox?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Raise your what?

oscar

my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.