2021 Ohio Roadmeet - Cleveland (AUGUST 28TH)

Started by Hot Rod Hootenanny, May 06, 2021, 07:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighwayMan3561

Will consider. I can probably work an I-94 clinch into the extracurriculars, which has been nagging a bit lately as I'm only missing through metro Detroit from Ypsilanti to 26 Mile Road.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on June 08, 2021, 12:20:15 AM
Will consider. I can probably work an I-94 clinch into the extracurriculars, which has been nagging a bit lately as I'm only missing through metro Detroit from Ypsilanti to 26 Mile Road.

I forgot I already made plans with another roadgeek on 8/27, so I'm out.

Highway63

I have a vacation to Philadelphia, with pre-existing plans to take a big loop through eastern Ohio, with this Saturday in the middle. If I reverse my driving plan, there's a chance I can make this work for me, although I might be there closer to noon.

My potential attendance will depend on good weather and me booking it across the Keystone State (via State College and possible Steubenville). I cannot give firmer notice beyond that right now.

Is there any chance the new (2016) I-90 bridge is on the plan? If it is and I skipped over it, my apologies.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: Highway63 on June 19, 2021, 11:35:57 PM
Is there any chance the new (2016) I-90 bridge is on the plan? If it is and I skipped over it, my apologies.

Sort of. Tentative plans have our route going under the new bridge.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

SSOWorld

I'm out.  I had grand plans in place to do this and net significant Ohio Interstate mileage (I have 71, 75, 77 and the C-Bus, Dayton, outer Cleveland and Youngstown's 680 left).  I have obligations that interfere with the possible drive but will be getting part of it earlier in the month.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

codyg1985

I am also out. Wife has to work once again and I'm not brave enough to take two toddlers solo with me on such a trip.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

Hot Rod Hootenanny

I had forgotten about this location (saw photos of it back in February).
This will be on the tour...
https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/hillandale-bridge

SSOWorld

Quote from: SSOWorld on June 27, 2021, 03:35:07 PM
I'm out.  I had grand plans in place to do this and net significant Ohio Interstate mileage (I have 71, 75, 77 and the C-Bus, Dayton, outer Cleveland and Youngstown's 680 left).  I have obligations that interfere with the possible drive but will be getting part of it earlier in the month.
Seems those plans were about to be changed on me, so I changed them ahead of time.  Not out now, but constructing a budget.
Scott O.

Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
Raise your what?

Alps

Quote from: SSOWorld on July 09, 2021, 01:18:27 PM
Quote from: SSOWorld on June 27, 2021, 03:35:07 PM
Seems those plans were about to be changed on me, so I changed them ahead of time.  Not out now, but constructing a budget.
make sure you budget for fun, adventure, and friendship :|

jpi

And I am out, got a toy show that weekend in Cartersville, GA, I usually don't get to many road meets during years where Steph and I road trip cross country, 2021 exception.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

dvferyance

I am in. I want to visit Cuyahoga National Park so why not go the weekend of the road meet. I will probably not be able to go on the driving tour though.

froggie

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on June 11, 2021, 12:04:38 AM

Curious who, since I'll be in the Twin Cities that week...

Which, I should add since I was on the FB invite, I am out for this meet as well as I have family obligations in Minnesota on the 28th.

US71

I am likely out. I have some big bills demanding my attention.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: froggie on July 19, 2021, 10:06:10 AM

Which, I should add since I was on the FB invite, I am out for this meet as well as I have family obligations in Minnesota on the 28th.

Chris Lokken, aka "catofdar". Not particularly active here but very active on Facebook and you probably know him if you're there. He's following his beloved Brewers up for their annual series at Target Field.

hbelkins

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on July 21, 2021, 12:45:37 AM

Chris Lokken, aka "catofdar". Not particularly active here but very active on Facebook and you probably know him if you're there. He's following his beloved Brewers up for their annual series at Target Field.

"meow"

If you've ever head meowing at a roadgeek meet and didn't see a cat anywhere, it was probably him!

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alps

He'll want to join us.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: Alps on July 22, 2021, 12:42:39 AM

He'll want to join us.

Um....He never got an invitation (or picked one up)

SSOWorld

I've got the route set for the 1.5+ week trip that will include a lengthy stop in the Cleveland area on the weekend of the meet so I'm in.  Route STC elsewhere particularly if there are tropical cyclones impacting it.
Scott O.

Raise your what?

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: SSOWorld on August 02, 2021, 09:22:14 PM
I've got the route set for the 1.5+ week trip that will include a lengthy stop in the Cleveland area on the weekend of the meet so I'm in.  Route STC elsewhere particularly if there are tropical cyclones impacting it.

Can you bring your drone?

SSOWorld

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on August 03, 2021, 12:28:19 PM
Quote from: SSOWorld on August 02, 2021, 09:22:14 PM
Can you bring your drone?
It will be present.
Scott O.

Raise your what?

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Thanks to covid, I still don't know what I'm going to do for this meet.
I'm still undecided between BYOF at Wildwood or Euclid Beach Park (they neighbor one another), or seek a restaurant patio lunch out on the far east side or downtown (in 'The Flats').
That said, I'm going to need a definite count if I go to any restaurant. Between here and the FB event page I have 35 confirmed or "interested." I want to get this number more solidified for the event.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

earlesryan69

Can you send the link for the FB Event Page for this road meet? If so, that would be great! And I wonder if the Wiz (Dan) will be at this road meet.
Road Geek/Enthusiast like a boss!

Alps

Quote from: earlesryan69 on August 08, 2021, 12:53:03 PM
Can you send the link for the FB Event Page for this road meet? If so, that would be great! And I wonder if the Wiz (Dan) will be at this road meet.
Both he and I are serious :| about attending

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: earlesryan69 on August 08, 2021, 12:53:03 PM

This site and Facebook don't get along too well. But, here is the link (to my knowledge)
https://www.facebook.com/events/1089767504845668/?acontext=%7B%22event_action_history%22%3A[%7B%22mechanism%22%3A%22calendar_tab_event%22%2C%22surface%22%3A%22bookmark_calendar%22%7D]%2C%22ref_notif_type%22%3Anull%7D

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.