AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: Miscellaneous motorsports thread  (Read 4490 times)

NWI_Irish96

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 06:28:49 PM
    • Travel Mapping
Re: Miscellaneous motorsports thread
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2024, 12:35:52 PM »

Now F1 wants to copy NASCAR and do a Chicago street race.

I think it was more to grab the "Grand Prix" titles and trademark them away from NASCAR in case F1 ever decides they want to try out a street race here. While I would love to have a hometown F1 race, I have serious doubts.

I'd rather see F1 go back to Indy.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 59%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

ET21

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 10:11:16 PM
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2024, 12:41:42 PM »

I think it was more to grab the "Grand Prix" titles and trademark them away from NASCAR in case F1 ever decides they want to try out a street race here. While I would love to have a hometown F1 race, I have serious doubts.

Agreed
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Billy F 1988

• Wyoming born, Montana bred, purely American!

• Last Login: March 17, 2024, 08:57:15 PM
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2024, 06:20:55 PM »

Agreed
If they're gonna go back there, it's gonna be on Penske's terms since he's now running IMS. But, I don't think that will happen despite our fantasies of FIA and F1 going back to Indy. I believe F1 fans want to seriously forget 2005 and that hot garbage of a tire war between Michelin and Bridgestone that spelled disastrous. That's why they moved the U.S. GP to Circuit of the Americas because of the tire war and the botched politics between Mosley, engineers and team managers of the teams slated to run the 2005 race at Indy.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.