News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Long stretches of straight and flat highways

Started by roadman65, October 27, 2011, 08:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy Volvo Guy

How has the 90 mile straight on NH1 in Western Australia not been mentioned?

http://g.co/maps/p5nue
I hate Clearview, because it looks like a cheap Chinese ripoff.

I'm for the Red Sox and whoever's playing against the Yankees.

1995hoo

Quote from: US-43|72 on November 01, 2011, 02:21:37 PM
How has the 90 mile straight on NH1 in Western Australia not been mentioned?

http://g.co/maps/p5nue

I mentioned it on the previous page of this thread when I referred to the Eyre Highway.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Crazy Volvo Guy

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 01, 2011, 02:41:55 PMI mentioned it on the previous page of this thread when I referred to the Eyre Highway.

Missed it, you were talking about the Everglades and I was only skimming so I thought you were talking about something in Florida.

I don't always derp, but when I do, I do it all the time.
I hate Clearview, because it looks like a cheap Chinese ripoff.

I'm for the Red Sox and whoever's playing against the Yankees.

OCGuy81

I'd say I-94 in North Dakota is pretty straight.  And somebody above mentioned I-5 north of the Grapevine.  Seconded.

PAHighways

US 30/Lincoln Highway from just east of the Flight 93 Memorial to just west of the Bedford County line (referred to as the "Seven Mile Stretch")

I-76/Pennsylvania Turnpike from Exit 201/Blue Mountain to Exit 226/Carlisle

Bickendan

Quote from: OCGuy81 on November 01, 2011, 10:27:56 PM
I'd say I-94 in North Dakota is pretty straight.  And somebody above mentioned I-5 north of the Grapevine.  Seconded.

Eh... the West Side Freeway's not that straight, it just feels like it.

ftballfan

M-45 is dead straight with the exception of an S-curve east of Allendale and east of Covell Ave in Grand Rapids.

luokou

There's a 35 mile stretch of I-5 between Coburg and Albany that fits the bill. Drove this way practically every other week to visit my sister while she was attending U of O.

mhallack

I-80 in Nebraska. I don't remember a lot of curves in that stretch. Hated that drive.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.