News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Personal message limit

Started by signalman, December 29, 2013, 12:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

signalman

I just found out that apparently users are limited to 5 personal messages in an hour.  I've been a member here for nearly 5 years, and I just found this out.  Is it to curb potential spam?

For the record, I almost never send or receive personal messages.  However, I have found myself in a conversation with another member.  After reading the message I clicked reply and a message popped up that I was limited to 5 messages in an hour.  I'm just curious if this has always been this way or is it something new?

EDIT:I thought I was gonna circumvent the limit by responding thru tapatalk, but was thwarted on that route too.

Alps

I found the setting that limits it to 5. I'll up it to 15. Doesn't seem to be a big deal.

signalman

Thanks for looking in to it.  I was surprised by it, then quickly became curious.  15 per hour seems to be a fair limit

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.