News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Trip to Urbana, IL - Questions

Started by Thing 342, November 01, 2014, 04:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thing 342

I'm headed over to the University of Illinois on Sunday. My currently planned route is to take I-64 to the AA Highway, then to I-74 between Cincy and Champaign. Then on the way back, I wanted to take I-74 to I-70, then US-35 to I-64. I have a few questions I wanted to ask:

• Is taking US-52 between Huntington and Cincy instead of the AA Highway worth the ~1/2 hours added to the trip?
    • Is it quicker to follow I-465 north or south around Indianapolis?
    • How much of US-35 in Ohio is freeway?

NE2

Quote from: Thing 342 on November 01, 2014, 04:13:03 PM
Is taking US-52 between Huntington and Cincy instead of the AA Highway worth the ~1/2 hours added to the trip?
It's a National Scenic Byway, so if you're into scenery, probably.

How much of US-35 in Ohio is freeway?
Dayton to West Virginia is all four-lane expressway. Part of it in WV is busy two-lane.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

US 41

I would go around the southside of Indy.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

hbelkins

• Is taking US-52 between Huntington and Cincy instead of the AA Highway worth the ~1/2 hours added to the trip?

Personally, I don't think so.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Brandon

I'm headed over to the University of Illinois on Sunday. My currently planned route is to take I-64 to the AA Highway, then to I-74 between Cincy and Champaign. Then on the way back, I wanted to take I-74 to I-70, then US-35 to I-64. I have a few questions I wanted to ask:

• Is it quicker to follow I-465 north or south around Indianapolis?

South.  I-74 follows the south part of the loop, and it is a little bit shorter than the north part of the loop.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.