Regional Boards > Central States

OKDOT Agency News

(1/24) > >>

Plutonic Panda:
Started this thread to keep track of the updates going on within the agency and changes to their budget, rules, practices, etc...

Nice first update regarding the deteriorating budget situation in Oklahoma. Looking like OkDOT's budget might be slashed to under $350m a year. The I-235/I-44 interchange project is specifically mentioned and it looks like that project which is already taking a decade to complete(a simple 3 stack!!!) could be dragged out even more. Very irritating.

http://m.newsok.com/article/5547324

Scott5114:
OkDOT already acts like their annual budget is around twelve dollars (counting a BOGO McDonald's coupon in the total), so it will be interesting to see them come up with new ways to disappoint us.

Baloo Uriza:

--- Quote from: Scott5114 on May 01, 2017, 05:05:35 AM ---OkDOT already acts like their annual budget is around twelve dollars (counting a BOGO McDonald's coupon in the total), so it will be interesting to see them come up with new ways to disappoint us.

--- End quote ---

Wouldn't surprise me if OK 20 doesn't reopen at the bridges that got flooded out last weekend.

Plutonic Panda:
It is very embarrassing and angering that this is happening. A few years ago, it really felt like OkDOT was starting to make good progress on several things. Unfortunately, it seems like all of that is going going to be reversed.

SEMIweather:
Would certainly be "interesting" if they had to stop work on the I-235 widening considering they just started to tear down the NE 50th Street overpass in the last week or so...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version